Last Recipe Entered!!!
  Re: (...)
ANd...this will be the last posting about the 'darn' book, but I can't believe I've finally done it. Now bits and pieces of editing and rewriting 'stuff' and that's a wrap.

This is such an off the wall recipe that happens to end it all, I thought you all might be interested - I'm sure going to make it next week sometime.

"Marge remembering: “During the 1950-60s when our four children were little, supper was usually some form of hamburger, hot doges or fresh salmon. The fresh salmon was a given since Ron fished at least 2 days a week and caught salmon or codfish regularly. We ate the fish fried and didn’t realize what a wonderful treat we had. Barbeque was unheard of back then at our house. On other evenings one of the favorite suppers was ‘weiner hash.’ Mother fixed this on the farm too when I was growing up.”

Weiner Hash

Melt a little shortening in a black skillet (cast iron) until hot, add 1 to 2 slices of bread cut in cubes, leftover boiled potatoes cut in cubes and sliced wieners. Fry, turning several times until browned. Put in a serving bowl and set the catsup on the table. A fried or poached egg on top of each serving is a wonderful way to serve this also."

This is really what the book is all about - the great old tasty comfort foods.

WHOOPIE!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Last Recipe Entered!!! by cjs (ANd...this will be t...)
Oh, what a relief it is! (For you, I mean!)

You know, you could use "Off the Wall" for your last chapter.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Last Recipe Entered!!! by Mare749 (Oh, what a relief it...)
I like that Maryann! That or Off the Beaten Path....you know, in keeping with the title of the book.

Congratulations Jean! I'll try to get busy asap, but this is William's Birthday Weekend, so I'll be a little busy. Lucky me, I have an easy week next week at school, so will have evenings.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Last Recipe Entered!!! by cjs (ANd...this will be t...)
Quote:

supper was usually some form of hamburger, hot doges

So, she was in the habit of cooking the magistrates of Venice?

Quote:

Weiner Hash

Just double checking, since I don't know if any of this is your actual text for publication, but the correct spelling is "wiener."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Last Recipe Entered!!! by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
good catch, Labs - I did not catch either of those!! thanks.

"(For you, I mean!)" - I'll bet!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Last Recipe Entered!!! by cjs (good catch, Labs - I...)
What a great sounding ending to the book !

PS I guess that means the "White Trash Dessert" recipe he has been working on won't be included.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Last Recipe Entered!!! by Lorraine (What a great soundin...)
oh darn....
www.achefsjourney.com