To Have This Kind of Pull!!!
  Re: (...)
In February's Food & Wine mag, there was a dinner party that I would have killed to be a part of. What a group - here's a tease of the article...

“Tom Colicchio looked stunned as he sipped his Champagne, a crisp 1995 Henriot CUvée Des Enchanteleurs. He couldn’t believe that Michel Bras (pronounced brahs), arguably France’s most revered chef, was cooking for him, here, at a dinner in New York City.”
and
“The monkish, 62-year-old Bras was the guest of honor at the gathering, cohosted by F&W’s editor-in-chief, Dana Cowin, and Stefan Boublil (at left) and Gina Alvarez. Boublil and Alvarez, founders of a design agency called the Apartment, throw weekly dinner parties in their Soho loft. They’ve created entire meals based on popcorn, sushi and Kellogg’s cereal, but this was the first event that required a hole in one of their walls. Bras’s menu needed a second stove; Boublil gladly cut out a slot for a new electrical socket. He also arranged with All-Clad to provide the chef with 20 pots.”

http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/dinn...ichel-bras

I save the recipe for the onions to try - my mouth is watering.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: To Have This Kind of Pull!!! by cjs (In February's Food &...)
WOW! Interesting read. The onions sound wonderful and not complicated at all, but the long roasting....6 hours? I guess if I used the grill and stove top for the rest of the meal, I could pull it off.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.