Made this at work for a banquet and it was GREAT
  Re: (...)
Made this dish at work Friday night as part of an Asian food banquet for 240.

Needless to say we multiplied the amounts out quite a bit for it but here is the original recipe from www.deltawaterfowl.org

Duck Stir-Fry

Let’s face it—not everyone likes the taste of wild duck.

This stir-fry recipe has converted many a duck-hater into a duck-lover. Stir-fry is easy to make and can be fixed with a seemingly endless array of ingredients. Here’s a recipe for stir-fry we really enjoy. This recipe feeds two people with big appetites. To feed more, increase the amounts accordingly.

Start with the breast meat from two small or one large duck. Trim the silver skin and cut the meat into small chunks. In a bowl large enough to hold the meat, make a marinade by mixing:

* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 2 tablespoons white wine
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon sugar

Stir the duck into the marinade, cover with Saran Wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour. Before you complete the dish, it’s a good idea to have the following ingredients ready to go.

When it’s time to prepare the dish, heat a wok until it’s very hot, then add:

* 3 tablespoons wok oil (or peanut oil)
* 2 cloves of garlic, minced
* 1 tablespoon of ginger, chopped
* The duck meat

When the meat is nicely seared on all sides, add:

* 2/3 cup duck stock (or canned chicken broth) [I actually used homemade vegetable stock]

Allow the stock to bubble for 5 minutes, then add:

* 20 snow pea pods
* 1 cup of julienne carrot (cut to matchstick size)
* 1 cup of mushrooms, sliced
* 1 cup of onion, sliced
* 1⁄2 cup water chestnuts
* 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
* 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced thin

Allow the stock to reduce and the vegetables to cook, then stir in a mixture of:

* 1 tablespoon brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon of ketchup
* 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
* 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
* 1⁄2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
* A dash of garlic salt
* 1⁄4 cup scallions, chopped

Off heat and allow to rest for a few minutes. Serve with your favorite rice.

Needless to say we kept the skin for rendering and future confit applications!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Made this at work for a banquet and it was GREAT by firechef (Made this dish at wo...)
This sounds good enough, I think I'll have to try it. I'll mark it wild so I'll see it next winter. The season is over here and I think I might get in trouble with the state and my neighbor if I snagged one of those dozens of mallards out in front of the house...

I have never liked wild duck meat, so when the guys did duck hunt, they used it up themselves or gave it away. I'll be sure to let them know for the future. (Or they may know someone that has some left from the season. This area has LOTS of avid/obsessive duck hunters.)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Made this at work for a banquet and it was GREAT by Gourmet_Mom (This sounds good eno...)
My, that does sound tasty!!

I'm assuming the bean sprouts and water chestnuts s/b 1/2 cup? and the green onions 1/4 cup?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Made this at work for a banquet and it was GREAT by cjs (My, that does sound ...)
Sure does. We love duck.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Made this at work for a banquet and it was GREAT by cjs (My, that does sound ...)
You got it Jean...sometimes the fractions cut and paste so nice and others they turn into funky symbols and all sorts of other letters and numbers.

Your amounts are correct...

Sorry poor editing on my part.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Made this at work for a banquet and it was GREAT by firechef (You got it Jean...so...)
Thanks, LJ. We have some duck in the freezer.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.