What's For Dinner?? T.G.I.F.
  Re: (...)
Before I tackle the freezer to see whats up, I'll wait to hear what you all are doing... you seem to change my mind so often.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner?? T.G.I.F. by cjs (Before I tackle the ...)
I had to clean out the freezer to make room for the Sunday Gravy, and found a small boned leg of lamb. Not sure what kind of potatoes I'll do, but I also have some Brussel Sprouts I think I'll roast.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Leftover Macs N Cheese with fried uncured beef hot dogs from Whole Foods!

Used Cabot's Extra Sharp Cheddar this time and boy did that perk up the flavor!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
Well I am on a homemade pasta kick now. I plan to make garganelli.

Now typically you need a garganelli comb, which I do not have, but you can sub a gnocchi board.'

[Image: garganelli-14-1000.jpg]

[Image: garganelli-17-1000.jpg]

[Image: garganelli-22-1000.jpg]

[Image: garganelli-24-1000.jpg]

[Image: garganelli-30-1000.jpg]

I may also have to add Jean's Brussel Sprouts and Bacon to the fresh pasta. (I just thought of that now).
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner?? T.G.I.F. by luvnit (Well I am on a homem...)
I'm impressed with your eggrolls and now pasta, Laura!

Friday night is dinner out after ballroom dance class... I'm thinking Italian sounds good, but we'll jave to see what our friends want to do.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner?? T.G.I.F. by HomeCulinarian (I'm impressed with y...)
It's cold here, nothing to do but cook these days. I went to the library and got a great book with loads of ideas and recipes called: Pasta Italia. Totally gave me the pasta bug. And those aren't MY pictures of garganelli, I found them with lots of info online.

THis is the book: [Image: 51S8VBY92YL._SL500_AA240_.jpg]

I will have to add this one to my collection. There are tons of pictures, and that really inspires me to make a dish.

They also had a recipe called Testaroli. Sort of the Italian version of the crepe (that is cut up into bite-sized diamond shapes) and served with butter and parmesan or pecorino. Sometimes pesto.

[Image: DSC00036.JPG]
Laura
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner?? T.G.I.F. by luvnit (It's cold here, noth...)
I'll have to check the library for that one. . . . or Amazon!

I don't know what we're having yet. Still working on the first cup of coffee. More later
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner?? T.G.I.F. by Harborwitch (I'll have to check t...)
I just checked at Amazon. It's selling for 22.76. Not bad for a price. I need a few more cookbooks. Some of mine are getting old. Maybe I will go through them today and see what I no longer want. (And make room for more!)
Laura
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner?? T.G.I.F. by luvnit (I just checked at Am...)
"I need a few more cookbooks." oh yeah, me too.

Laura, those look so great - I don't have a garganelli comb, but I do have a gnocchi board!! How fun!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner?? T.G.I.F. by luvnit (I just checked at Am...)
I'm getting mine for 2.49 I've been having really good results from the used book sellers on Amazon.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!