How to cook crab legs??
  Re: (...)
I bought some king crab legs at Costco today. I have never cooked them before. The man at the counter said they were somewhat precooked and I should just boil them for about 4 minutes. Can I just throw them on the grill for a few minutes instead?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: How to cook crab legs?? by chef_Tab (I bought some king c...)
Try this site. It has good information on steaming, boiling, grilling or baking king crab legs.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: How to cook crab legs?? by labradors (Try [url=http://www....)
Theresa - yes I've done that many times! You can also put them on a cookie sheet, cover them with foil and add about 1/2 cup water to the bottom of the pan. Put them into a 350 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes.

If you do them on the grill be sure to have a small pan of clarified butter handy. Split the shells up the side before you grill them. This makes it easier to get the flesh out. And while you're grilling them baste them with the butter. MmmMmm
Theresa,

Crab legs are cooked when they're captured. I let mine thaw out then just drop them in boiled water to warm them up.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: How to cook crab legs?? by BarbaraS (Theresa,[br][br]Crab...)
or steam them in beer or wine and some seasionings.... wonderful!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: How to cook crab legs?? by BarbaraS (Theresa,[br][br]Crab...)
Thanks everyone! Now I have to decide! I was leaning toward the grill so I wouldn't have a pan to clean up. I don't want to dry them out, they cost an arm and a leg....pun intended. I like the idea of a few drops of hot sauce in the butter. Gosh I am hungry now. Missed lunch and am still fairly sick.
Theresa

Re: Re: How to cook crab legs?? by chef_Tab (Thanks everyone! Now...)
Sometimes grilling can dry them out, so maybe add a pot of water on the grill????? I don't know if that would help or not. Let us know.

I usually add tabasco and butter to the wine or beer that I steam them in - along with some dried herbs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: How to cook crab legs?? by cjs (Sometimes grilling c...)
So Jean, would I steam them in 1 can of beer? do you place them in the beer, or in a basket above?
Theresa

You just want to steam them until they are hot. I would think a grill would dry them out, as previously mentioned. A couple of inches of water and a clove of garlic, break them apart so they fit into your steamer basket. Serve with kitchen shears, lots of butter and lemon and be sure to have the portable defribulator plugged in.

Sally
  Re: I'm doing them Feb 1 by lxxf (You just want to ste...)
I would just lay the crab legs in the seasoned beer.

"lots of butter and lemon and be sure to have the portable defribulator plugged in." - probably better...
www.achefsjourney.com