deep fryers
  Re: (...)
Hi All..

I am looking for some recommendations for fryers. everything we have in the kitchen is basically kitchen aid or cuisinart. Any ideas on who makes the best fryer?
  Re: deep fryers by islandwinegirl (Hi All..[br][br]I am...)
This is funny!! What timing - I'm an old cook and have had lots of deep fryers over the years, a couple of weeks ago, I decided I just don't like all the mess with those darn things and I bot a top of the stove set. It came two days ago and I love it. The 6-qt. pot is real heavy, the basket and lid that has 6 sections that are screened can go in the dishwasher. I ordered it thru Chefs.com on sale.

So, if you want the other kind this testimonial from me won't help in the least.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: deep fryers by cjs (This is funny!! What...)
So co-workers got me the DeLonghi Deep Fryer.

The basket turns while the food is cooking. The oil well is on an angle so it only uses about 1/2 the oil my old one did.

I would say the only down thing I can think of is, if you're doing Fried Icecream. But then I figure I'll just take the basket out for that

It has a built in timer and it's very very easy to clean.
  Re: Re: deep fryers by DFen911 (So co-workers got me...)
I had a Waring Pro, loved it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: deep fryers by Lorraine (I had a Waring Pro, ...)
I had a Euro-Pro and really liked it, but it was just too big for 2 people. It took about 1 1/2 gallons of oil to fill. I now have a DeLonghi but haven't tested it.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: deep fryers by bjcotton (I had a Euro-Pro and...)
I think it depends on what you want to use it for, how often and for how may people. I have a beautiful DeLonghi unit that I found more of a mess than worth it---if I want french fries I use my wok----are you cooking for large crowds? I cook for two---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: deep fryers by bjcotton (I had a Euro-Pro and...)
I haven't tried that big guy out yet Billy - probably next weekend! I've also go a smaller one like the Euro Pro that I really liked - but it often wasn't big enough. Next trip to Stockton we'll have to stock up on the peanut oil.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!