Back to Basics
  Re: (...)
I checked out the new Barefoot Contessa show today and she's doing several new recipes with cheeses. So far, the carmelized onion, goat cheese, parm, and tomato tart looks awesome. The Savory Coeur a la Creme with Chutney don't look bad either. Next up Roasted Pears with Blue Cheese....mmmmm!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Back to Basics by Gourmet_Mom (I checked out the ne...)
Lol I'm watching that too!! I thought darn I wish I had seen that before my dinner party last night
  Re: Re: Back to Basics by DFen911 (Lol I'm watching tha...)
Funny, I thought of your dinner party while watching....like minds and all that! I'm saving these to try out one or more for Valentines...the tart especially! Although, that pear one is looking pretty yummy, too!

I've also got William's birthday coming up! He's gonna love these!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Back to Basics by Gourmet_Mom (Funny, I thought of ...)
shoot missed it - will have to go look at the recipes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Back to Basics by cjs (shoot missed it - wi...)
I got that book for my birthday. I have lots of recipes earmarked, but haven't had time to make any yet.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Back to Basics by Lorraine (I got that book for ...)
I like to watch her show too. She always seems to have good ideas for entertaining. Was watching her one day last week and she offered some good advice for dinner parties. She never makes more than 3 "cooked" dishes for a party. Everything else is made ahead so she can enjoy her company. I've decided to adopt that advice.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."