ISO - Chocolate Sauce Recipe
  Re: (...)
I'm doing a dinner party Friday night. The dessert will be a pound cake with a chocolate sauce and fresh berries.

I need a recipe for a really chocolately sauce. Not too runny, but not as thick as hot fudge. The last sauce I used had me using some coco powder. While the flavor was very nice, it tasted grainy to me like the powder didn't fully incorporate.

Help please I'd like to make this tomorrow and just reheat for service.
  Re: ISO - Chocolate Sauce Recipe by DFen911 (I'm doing a dinner p...)
I am no help at all. The only one I have that I've used is more the consistency of hot fudge. There's the chocolate glaze for the Boston Cream Cupcakes from last year's January review. Did anyone actually make those?

Oh, sorry here's the link to the thread with the recipe for the glaze...it's with the cupcake recipe. Chocolate Glaze for Boston Cream Cupcakes

BTW, Jean posted a recipe for an Irish Cream Cheesecake that had a chocolate glaze. This actually may work. It's just 1/2 cup whipping cream to 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (good quality). You could give it a try, and if it's too runny, you could save it for another use.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: ISO - Chocolate Sauce Recipe by DFen911 (I'm doing a dinner p...)
Denise, This one is so good and so easy. Don't know how it would work in a larger quantity or reheating - but it would be worth experimenting.

It is from the original Weeknight menues book - Chocolate Nachos. It is my favorite sauce to make and I always have the ingredients on hand!

1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup semi Sweet chocolate Chips

Heat cream in microwave until steaming. Pour over cocolate chips and let stand 2 minutes. (Side Note* Let the heated cream stand and warm the morsels through before stirring.) If necessary, microwave for 20 seconds to fully melt chocolate.
(* Stir in sugar until blended).

That last direction I have never read until just now - or didn't notice. And nowhere is an amount of sugar listed. I don't think it needed any additioanl sugar. I have never added it.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: ISO - Chocolate Sauce Recipe by esgunn (Denise, This one is...)
Here's one from Sauces by James Peterson:

1 pound bittersweet chocolate
1 cup heavy cream or creme fraiche
1 cup milk
2 ounces butter

1. Chop the chocolate into medium-size chunks.
2. Combine the heavy cream and milk in a 2-qt saucepan and bring to a simmer.
3. As soon as the cream and milk come to a simmer, remove from the heat and add the chunks of chocolate.
4. Let the chocolate sit in the cream for 5 minutes, and then stir the mixture with a rubber spatula until it is perfectly smooth.
5. Stir in the butter
NOTE: When using bitter (baking) chocolate, substitute 10 ounces of bitter chocolate and 6 ounces of granulated sugar for the bittersweet chocolate. Dissolve the sugar in the cream while the cream is heating. Make sure it is completely dissolved before adding the chocolate.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: ISO - Chocolate Sauce Recipe by bjcotton (Here's one from Sauc...)
Wow interesting that the recipes don't call for vanilla.

I just know that the guest of honor really loves chocolate. She doesn't know about the dinner however and her husband picked out the dessert.

Billy have you made that recipe?
  Re: Re: ISO - Chocolate Sauce Recipe by DFen911 (Wow interesting that...)
Where's my old chocolate sauce recipe????? I know I posted it here a while back, but haven't made it forever. While the glaze for the cheesecake is great, it will set up, so you probably don't want to use it, Denise.

I remember it had honey in it and it was so tasty.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com