OT-What happened to Global Warming?
  Re: (...)
Man oh man I would give anything to give my old "boss" a slap upside the head right now. We have had nearly a two feet of snow from three storms since last Friday with another three to six inches expected on this Friday and it is a balmy -17F with a wind chill of -42F right now! It is too cold to do anything out there! It is supposed to drop another 10 to 15F tonight and the wind chills could hit as low as -65F!!! Our high for Thursday is supposed to be -8F...YUCK!

I know it is just as cold or colder up north at some of our other member's homes but this is just plain crazy cold! I hope everyone else is having a "good" winter? Needless to say the smoker and grill are not in use for a while!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: OT-What happened to Global Warming? by firechef (Man oh man I would g...)
And I remember sitting there and asking you if you had bad winters here. For some reason, I just don't think of Iowa as getting this kind of weather . . . the Dakotas and Montana and Minnesota . . . yes, but not the Midwest. But you guys have been hammered this year!

I'm feeling your pain, buddy! Knock on wood we haven't had those extreme temperatures . . . see, that Lake is good for something other than being a snow-making machine!
  Re: Re: OT-What happened to Global Warming? by iBcookin (And I remember sitti...)
It's colder here than I can remember for years and years. The University rarely closes, tho. But, our students don't return until next week. So I guess I'll bundle up and go to the office and see who shows up. May be a day to catch up on all those rainy day projects!
  Re: Re: OT-What happened to Global Warming? by HomeCulinarian (It's colder here tha...)
The difference in temperatures is wild! It was 90 here yesterday and will be 84 today.
  Re: OT-What happened to Global Warming? by firechef (Man oh man I would g...)
I feel for ya!! Hang in there! Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 17 degrees. Thank God for the wood burning stove!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: OT-What happened to Global Warming? by BarbaraS (I feel for ya!! Han...)
OHHH---LJ!!!! I am soooo happy to have to deal with a bit of unseasonal wind and lower temps than usual--around 80ish. Stay warm and just think---Hilary has global warming at the top of her agenda so HELP is coming!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: OT-What happened to Global Warming? by Roxanne 21 (OHHH---LJ!!!! I am...)
Geez! I've been watching the weather closely lately. It's not going to be NEARLY as cold here, but cold for us...highs in the 30's and lows in the teens for the next few days....BRRRRR!!!! (I warned you Lorraine...you NEVER talk about how warm it is down here!)

LJ, try to stay warm and be careful going to work. Your luck on the highway has not been very good of late. Funny images popped in my head at the mention of you smacking Gore...LOL! How's the house coming, BTW?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT-What happened to Global Warming? by BarbaraS (I feel for ya!! Han...)
Quote:

I feel for ya!! Hang in there! Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 17 degrees. Thank God for the wood burning stove!

Barbara

Can I come and visit, pleeeeeease??? Our "high" is supposed to be 4. *whimper* We're only 5 hours' drive across the state, yet 17 degrees would actually feel balmy!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: OT-What happened to Global Warming? by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
The global warming is in S. Calif. It's been down right hot here. It's Jan 15 and it was 84 degrees. I don't like this weather...I want winter. If this is any indication of the weather our summer here will be miserable.
  Re: Re: OT-What happened to Global Warming? by DFen911 (The global warming i...)
Well "Mom" that would be the boss I was talking about!

I have a funny feeling that the games of Rummy and Cribbage I played with the former VP while in his service would have ended rather quickly if I ever would have reached across the table on final into Andrews and just smacked him upside the head?!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)