Honey Buttermilk Salad Dressing
  Re: (...)
Has anyone tried the recipe from Cuisine for Two? I made it last night. Given that it has buttermilk, honey and oil, I thought it would be very thick. Instead, it was very, very thin. Great taste, I just wish it were thicker. Has anyone else made it?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Honey Buttermilk Salad Dressing by Lorraine (Has anyone tried the...)
no, but sounds like something we would like. Need to play with it, eh?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Honey Buttermilk Salad Dressing by cjs (no, but sounds like ...)
I made it to put on a kind of BLT salad. (chopped iceburg, halved cherry tomatoes, and leftover bacon). I wanted something thick and creamy, so will have to try it again. The taste was great, if I can just perfect the texture.
  Re: Re: Honey Buttermilk Salad Dressing by Lorraine (I made it to put on ...)
what are the proportions of the recipe?

I think you have my mom's Roquefort dressing - the method might work for yours. She/we use a fork & plate to combine the ingredients and add buttermilk just to the consistancy we want. Would that work?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Honey Buttermilk Salad Dressing by cjs (what are the proport...)
The recipe is:

1/4 cup buttermilk
2 T olive oil
2 T white wine vinegar
2 T honey

I forgot about your Mom's dressing. I'll dig it out. Thx.
  Re: Re: Honey Buttermilk Salad Dressing by Lorraine (The recipe is:[br][b...)
wow, it's all liquid. How about a mayo or sour cream base and add the others to the taste and consistancy you like. Wish I had some buttermilk, I'd play too.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Honey Buttermilk Salad Dressing by cjs (wow, it's all liquid...)
I love that dressing! It is thin, but delicious.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Honey Buttermilk Salad Dressing by chef_Tab (I love that dressing...)
I made it a while back. Yes, the consistency was thin but I didn't mind. But I thought it was a tad too sweet. If I make it again I'd cut down on the honey.
  Re: Re: Honey Buttermilk Salad Dressing by Trixxee (I made it a while ba...)
We made it and liked it, too. The thin-ness didn't bother us.
  Re: Re: Honey Buttermilk Salad Dressing by HomeCulinarian (We made it and liked...)
Gonna try this but I think I will start with the sour cream and add...I like a rather thick dressing too. HMMM---maybe tomorrow's "new" thing......
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy