Dinner - Tuesday, Jan 13th?
  Re: (...)
Well, I'll start this post since we haven't had one going for a couple/four days. But, Tuesday, Wed and Thurs. we'll be with friends/son going up north.
Tuesday - Kelly & Brent (some of you met them at the last party on the hill!)

Matt & Wendy, Wed. - my youngest son and his wife - (he was at the party too.)

Coleenie & Roger - my very best friend in the world - she was also at that party.

So, we're going to have a fun week and a completely exhausting one! Should have some great food tho. Kelly does have a request tho, she wants to learn to do a 'proper' omelet - so we'll work on that.

What's everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner - Tuesday, Jan 13th? by cjs (Well, I'll start thi...)
We're heading out tomorrow, so I'd like to clean out the fridge. Probably Bean Soup.

Jean, do you make your omelets quickly over high heat, or slow over low heat? Have a great time with your friends.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner - Tuesday, Jan 13th? by Lorraine (We're heading out to...)
Well, the French Omelet is cooked over lower heat than an American omelet, so I guess it depends on if I'm in a hurry or not...

One thing Chef Bui would really mark us down for is if there was any color on the omelet - NEVER SHOULD BE!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner - Tuesday, Jan 13th? by cjs (Well, the French Ome...)
We're having a ginger chicken recipe that Billy gave me. It has become a regular dish to make around here. I'm thinking a romaine salad to go with and 18 hour muligrain bread.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner - Tuesday, Jan 13th? by cjs (Well, the French Ome...)
We will be missing you and stuffing our faces with lovely fish tacos, perhaps a nice cabbage slaw to go on top and maybe some beans.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner - Tuesday, Jan 13th? by Harborwitch (We will be missing y...)
Have fun!

I'm making the Coq Au Vin from one of the Weeknight books tonight. Red grapes were on sale so what the heck!
  Re: Re: Dinner - Tuesday, Jan 13th? by Trixxee (Have fun![br][br]I'm...)
I'm making a chicken parmesan from the Best Light Cookbook. I had (really) high cholesterol results from my recent tests, so I've had to go on a healthy diet. Not looking forward to the new regime, but I do want to live long enough to spoil any grandchildren I may have.

Also, we're getting ready to go out of town for a week, so working on using up what's on hand. Trip is a mission week to Juarez - I know, it's a dangerous place... but we're not out after dark and no where near the red light district. Should be interesting week builing 2 cinder block homes for 2 different families in the section called Anapra.
  Re: Re: Dinner - Tuesday, Jan 13th? by Trixxee (Have fun![br][br]I'm...)
My hubby got me the Volume 5 Cuisine Hardcover for Xmas so I am making the Pot Roast recipe from it. Issue No.29, Oct 2001. It's only a little different from how I make mine but I will give it a whirl.

I made the Caldo Verde (same issue) last night and we loved it!

I hope everybody had a wonderful Xmas and is having a great New Year! (My computer was on the fritz so I haven't been on since Xmas... )

Can you make Coq Au Vin with white meat....or would it be too dry? (My husband and father do not like dark meat)
  Re: Re: Dinner - Tuesday, Jan 13th? by Skeetor (My hubby got me the ...)
Cheeseburgers, french fries and a salad. He was having a burger attack!!!

Skeetor, I have made the Coq with chicken breasts---cooking time is a bit less but not much--Let us know what you think. You have a ton of great recipes in that volume---have fun and reviews are always welcome....we even jump in if we had made them and add our two cents worth.

HAVE FUN, Jean---you are having way too much of that lately, girl!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Dinner - Tuesday, Jan 13th? by Roxanne 21 (Cheeseburgers, frenc...)
Skeetor - The "quick" Coq Au Vin I'm making from Weeknight Menus Vol. 2 calls for boneless skinless breasts (and you add red grapes which I guess is not usual). I'll post the recipe if it turns out. Well, I can post it regardless I guess!