Dutch Oven Chicken
  Re: (...)
Ok so you can all see

First we get out our ingredients. Ok so this pic was taken after I extracted the juice and the zest.

[Image: Ingredientsinsideandout.jpg]

I forgot to show the olive oil. But here is the shot after it's all mixed. And for those that ask...yes that is a squid whisk. I wish I had one in a bigger size. The work fantastic!

[Image: Rubreadytogo.jpg]

The chicken is ready for the Dutch Oven -

[Image: Gettingreadyfortheoven.jpg]

Next her place her gently inside and surround her with onions.

[Image: Intotheovenwego.jpg]

We cook her for just a little over an hour and a half with 10 brickets on the bottom and about 15 on top. You have to start another set about 1/2 thru so they're ready to replace the ones that cool down.

When she's all done -

[Image: LetsEat.jpg]

I love this darn thing
  Re: Dutch Oven Chicken by DFen911 (Ok so you can all se...)
Looks fabulous!

(Just a tip, sliced onions make a great trivet for those times when you don't want to set your meat directly on the bottom of the oven.)
  Re: Re: Dutch Oven Chicken by Sage (Looks fabulous![br][...)
Like I need a new hobby! Denise, you're killing me here. I'll never get my pro stove this way! But what a fun thing to get into and we could enjoy together. William is going to flip!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dutch Oven Chicken by Gourmet_Mom (Like I need a new ho...)
Quote:

Dutch Oven Chicken

Guess you'd call that "DOChix"?
Sounds delicious.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Dutch Oven Chicken by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
looks great, Denise! Well, I guess I'll have to think about a little briquette grill to get some started - no where to really dig a pit to get them going. Ran across two of the DOs with legs at a shop in Morro Bay, but way too expensive, will look at home and see what I can find. I'd like to have one of those.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dutch Oven Chicken by cjs (looks great, Denise!...)
Mmmmmmmmm.... Oh my, doesn't that look gooooooooood!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Dutch Oven Chicken by BarbaraS (Mmmmmmmmm.... Oh my...)
Hey there is one guy that does it on a picnic table. He puts down silicon hotpads (2 layers) and puts a cookie sheet on top. The lights his brickets in the chimney and puts the brickets on the cookie sheet, then the dutch oven and then more brickets. He keeps on the other side of the cookie sheet the chimney with another set of coals ready to light if he needs them.

Talk about versatile!
  Re: Re: Dutch Oven Chicken by DFen911 (Hey there is one guy...)
Denise - that almost sounds dangerous! Your chicken is beautiful!
  Re: Re: Dutch Oven Chicken by HomeCulinarian (Denise - that almost...)
huh, good idea, Denise. We were talking yesterday how to set this up and I do have a stainless steel topped table out by the grill & smoker.....so I sure could do the baking sheet thing.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com