Standing Rib Roast
  Re: (...)
We are having a "Late Christmas" this year and I am cooking a standing rib roast for the first time tomorrow (1/11/09). Any suggestion, pitfalls, rookie mistakes, opinions?
You are an echo, what you put out there comes back.
  Re: Standing Rib Roast by Linardskinard (We are having a "Lat...)
Hi Linard and welcome to the boards!!

Do you have flavors you're looking for like thyme crusted, black pepper crusted?

What side dishes are you serving with it?

You'll get a lot of yummy suggestions
  Re: Re: Standing Rib Roast by DFen911 (Hi Linard and welcom...)
Linard,

Welcome to the board!! Lots of very informative posters here. Unfortunately, i'm not one of them!

There was a recent thread about Prime Rib:
http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post72742

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Standing Rib Roast by DFen911 (Hi Linard and welcom...)
Hi Linard! Welcome! When I read you post, I immediately remembered a discussion from back before Christmas on this very thing. Just click and read! I hope this helps. Prime Rib Dinner

LOL! Dueling posters....too funny! Linard click on either, they're the same thread...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Standing Rib Roast by Gourmet_Mom (Hi Linard! Welcome!...)
Thanks GM. I found parts of this thread but missed some of the best parts. I'm looking forward to reading up on the "Paula Dean" way. I wonder if it comes with a southern accent, too? HAHA
Barbara, do you think we're posting at the same time again...LOL!!!!

Here's another link. I know it says Lost Recipe and starts off with a brisket request. But like a lot of threads around here, we tend to get side-tracked. Anyway, about 8 posts down someone makes the same request as you and the remainder of the thread discusses Standing Rib Roasts. Also, Labs, jumps in right away with three more links! That should get you started.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Standing Rib Roast by BarbaraS (Linard,[br][br]Welco...)
Thanks Barbara! Gourmet Mom sent me there, too. You guys are great!
  Re: Re: Standing Rib Roast by Linardskinard (Thanks Barbara! Gou...)
Since you were posting at the same time I was, I thought I'd let you know, I added another link. Click on Lost Recipe in the post above. There is much more info and a few links there. And you are very welcome. Please come back and let us know all about your dinner party. That's our favorite part!

OOPS! I guess you did see it, 'cause you're there...LOL!
Daphne
Do you have a good thermometer to tell you when the desired temp has been reached?
Usually, that is ten degrees less than the final temp you want; the temp will continue to rise while the roast is resting before being served.

To me that is the most critical issue no matter which method you use.
  Re: Re: Standing Rib Roast by sophia (Do you have a good t...)
For the past couple of years I've been using Paula Deen's foolproof method for standing rib roast. Comes out perfect every time.