Review- Orange-glazed salmon and Spinach saute
  Re: (...)
Tonight I made the orange glazed salmon and spinach saute from the Weeknight Menus. Both were fabulous. I was trying to make a healthy dinner so we could cheat and have hot wings tomorrow. I make salmon often, because it is so good for you, and have been growing a bit tired of it. This recipe made me a salmon lover again! I used Old Bay as my cajun seasoning and omitted the salt. I made only two fillets but did not decrease the orange glaze and am so happy with that decision. The spinach was in the back of the book and was such a delight as well. Hubby and I both give this meal a 9 or 10. It was one of the quickest and easiest dinners I have made in quite a while too.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Review- Orange-glazed salmon and Spinach saute by chef_Tab (Tonight I made the o...)
Theresa, this sounds wonderful! I have to see if this is the mag I have and, if it is, why haven't I made it already?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Review- Orange-glazed salmon and Spinach saute by foodfiend (Theresa, this sounds...)
Vicci, I have had this cookbook for a while and have made several things I love. I had put it aside because I was making so many recipes others posted or from the Cuisine for Two book. Then my daughter made the chicken carbonara from the Weeknight Menus and raved about it. I made that and then it renewed my interest in that book. It seems whenever I start flipping through one of the C@H books, I find more recipes I missed the first 10 times flipping through! If you do not have the book, I will be glad to post the recipes for you.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Review- Orange-glazed salmon and Spinach saute by chef_Tab (Vicci, I have had th...)
Thanks for the offer, Theresa. I'll look in my huge, unruly pile o' cooking magazines/ books tomorrow. I know there is a title that is similar to Weekend Menus...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Review- Orange-glazed salmon and Spinach saute by chef_Tab (Vicci, I have had th...)
Thanks for the review Theresa. That's another recipe I kept meaning to make and forgot. The spinach saute sounds like a good choice to have with it too.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I'll have to give this a look. I don't really like sweet, but I've got some oranges that need to be used soon. I like salmon with lemon, and orange is citrus....

You know, after looking at the recipe, I'm surprised I haven't tried this. It doesn't look that sweet at all. Funny, sometimes I take time to read the intro...especially with the specialty publications....sometimes I don't. This is a case where I should have read it. On the menu. I think that's 5 out of 7...menu for next week is almost done! An added plus...I only need the salmon and the spinach.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review- Orange-glazed salmon and Spinach saute by Gourmet_Mom (I'll have to give th...)
Theresa---that was a great dish. I made that MANY moons ago. When I receive a new issue, I always go for the seafood dishes first. YUMMM!!! I also made the sauteed spinach with my salmon dinner....it is soooo good that I use it for other meals as well.

I kinda get hung up on a volume as well...but I bet y'all didn't notice that

Good review--I'll have to bring that out again.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Review- Orange-glazed salmon and Spinach saute by Roxanne 21 (Theresa---that was a...)
Sounds wonderful...if I could only get Holly to eat salmon. When I have the urge I split a dish with one of my waitresses at work. Had a simple salmon Caesar salad yesterday with one of them...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)