OT-Hi Everyone!
  Re: (...)
I will not say hi to everyone by name for fear of missing someone and hurting feelings so I will say hello to all of you!

We are alive and well...the work at the new house is under way. We are in hopes to get everything done to move in to the place by the end of the month.

Kambree is doing well and had a great Christmas...wow it has been a while...

Work is still hectic at times...doing two different banquets and a tasting for a May of '09 wedding on Saturday. Gearing up for the Iowa Pork Producers Taste of Elegance contest on the 26th and am doing another Girl Scout Cookie contest soon. Working on the Valentine's Day menu this week as well as a special brunch menu for that Sunday. Got to spend the night at the hotel twice since Christmas. Once as the Manager On Duty for a weekend and once a week later due to an ice storm. Not too bad when you get three nights in two weeks in $200.00+ a night hotel rooms! Getting ready to do the Des Moines Opera Food and Wine fund raiser next month. I am pretty much becoming the "publicity" Chef at work as well. Nice to be the one in the public eye every now and again. Doing a tv spot on the weekend news show in a few weeks. Not sure what I am making but plan on incorporating local cream and pork amongst other items so a "pork Stroganoff" is a possibility...

Hope all are well here and by the looks there is a lot of reading to do here on the forums so I'll have to check in later this weekend! "See" everyone then!!!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: OT-Hi Everyone! by firechef (I will not say hi to...)
Wow! You have been busy. I have been tracking the weather to see if you have had a chance to "dig" out. Everything sounds great, but hectic. It's good to see you on! I look forward to seeing a little more of you? Or not until you're in the house.

Got your email about the contest, but already knew about that...but if you get a chance, I'd love to hear if you made your menu at the hotel and how it went.

I like the pork stroganoff idea for the TV spot....strips, cubes, or ground?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Thanks for the update. Good to hear from you again.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Good to see your smiley face! Sounds like you've been busy - but lots of good stuff going on. Just reading the word m-o-v-e makes me shudder. Gaaaack! Good luck with all.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT-Hi Everyone! by Harborwitch (Good to see your smi...)
As Daphne said, you HAVE been busy and still are as far as I can see. Stay healthy and safe y'all!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: OT-Hi Everyone! by bjcotton (As Daphne said, you ...)
Hi back at ya LJ, I was wondering what happened to you. I'm glad it is all a good kind of busy that's kept you away.
Very good to have you back, thanks for checking in and keeping us posted
Cis
Empress for Life
Quote:

...Working on the Valentine's Day menu this week...

With our Christmas tree still up and blazin', I started a bit when I read this!

Firechef, you sound busy enough for two or three people!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: OT-Hi Everyone! by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
LJ - good to hear your doing well and busy... not mention of your effects on your arm from the accident. Trust you are healed ... or at least not handicapped any more.
  Re: Re: OT-Hi Everyone! by HomeCulinarian (LJ - good to hear yo...)
My neck is still all screwed up. I went back to work about a week earlier than the doctors wanted me to. To add insult to injury I was coming home from our new house in tonight's ice and snow storm and a semi decided to take his half out of the middle and I got the right side tires in the gravel shoulder and ended up off the road again! I put it in four-wheel drive and drove back out of it but Holly is beyond mad at me as the new mirror for the master bathroom was in the car and broke when I was pulling back onto the road. Everyone is questioning my driving after nearly 20 winters of driving without any accidents or anything...

If all goes well an Executive Chef spot in a bigger more well-to-do hotel may be coming in the not so distant future. My "temporary" director of sales and catering has been let go now that the person he was covering for is back from maternity leave and he has been offered the food and beverage director's job at a different property and has told me repeatedly over the past week that once he is in position he wants me to come on board as his Executive Chef! Don't know if I will but it is an honour just the same!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: OT-Hi Everyone! by firechef (My neck is still all...)
Wow LJ I thought I was busy, but you make my schedule look like a vacation.

I have been wondering how you've been feeling. It can take a long time to recover from accidents and then to get into another one. Even though it was minor, the body still tenses up, adreneline is released and stress goes up.

Time to get out of the snow area. Hey I know...come to CA

So looking forward to your competition and hearing every little detail!!

As for the Exec Chef position, that would be OUTSTANDING! Do they want recommendations? If so have them log on here and read up about you heheh

Glad you popped in for an update. Please be safe out there.