Talk About a Dump Dinner!!
  Re: (...)
And no camera! We ate at the Crab Shack in Pismo Beach – had the house specialty, "Huge Bucket For Two." They steam up and then dump this bucket of goodies right in the middle of the table & you just eat off the table. We chose Opilio (Snow) Crab, clams and mussels and it came with corn on the cob, potatoes and sausage slices. Cocktail sauce and a great 3 flavor mustard along side. What a fun and just a delicious dinner it was! They were offering a Tomatilla Sauce to go with their Po’Boy sandwiches and I asked for a sample – it was delicious, said it was not a commercial product, but made on premises. They would not tell me the recipe, but it was a creamy aioli-like base and roasted tomatillas - will play with, very tasty!!

Good people watching also, a little ‘working girl’ with a wad of large bills in her wallet seemed to be treating her pimp and another couple that the two gals waiting tables wasn’t sure if she wasn’t a ‘working girl’ also. The 2nd one was across the room from us so we couldn’t really see and hear what was going on with her, but the one next to us was definitely! What a hoot.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Talk About a Dump Dinner!! by cjs (And no camera! We at...)
OMG! all that seafood, Jean, you're killin' me.
Cis
Empress for Life
Was that one of those outdoor fish shacks, Jean? Or a regular restaurant like Joe's Crab Shack? Sounds like a great time, great food and entertainment too!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Talk About a Dump Dinner!! by Mare749 (Was that one of thos...)
Well, it wasn't an outdoor shack, but it wasn't a regular restaurant either - guess I can only call it a 'joint' but a great 'joint'
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Talk About a Dump Dinner!! by cjs (Well, it wasn't an o...)
What FUN!!! and ALL THAT SEAFOOD!!!!

That concept has not reached here yet.....that I know of.

It is always a treat to have a taste of something and no recipe given....into the kitchen to re-create through the senses. I love that challenge
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
That sounds so good Jean. We are so overdue for a "clambake"!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Talk About a Dump Dinner!! by Harborwitch (That sounds so good ...)
Oh, I so love a clambake! I'm with you Sharon...long overdue!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Talk About a Dump Dinner!! by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, I so love a clam...)
That's the way they serve in crab houses around Philly during "soft shell" season. And in Baltimore, MD, you'll find bunches of restaurants that serve crabs that way - newspaper dining room cloths, mallets, tons of napkins and condiments. Pkus a lot of dross buckets.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Talk About a Dump Dinner!! by BarbaraS (That's the way they ...)
As I recall it's a cute place. Tin roof, small wood tables covered in butcher paper.

Jean you are having entirely too much fun!!
  Re: Re: Talk About a Dump Dinner!! by DFen911 (As I recall it's a c...)
I just found this on Costco's website. Somehow I don't think it would live up to my expectations!

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.asp...eGourmetLobster
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!