Tonite I "created" a dish ....
  Re: (...)
..... of sorts. Roasted some zukes, onions, tomatoes, lightly seasoned. Pan fried some chicken quarters and finished in the oven. Arranged in a dish, polenta w asiagio, roasted veggies, chicken quarters and topped with fresh, chopped basil leaves. It was very good and satisfying. Looked pretty too, but I sipped wine as I cooked and tho' I planned to take a photo, it "slipped my mind" hic
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Tonite I "created" a dish .... by farnfam (..... of sorts. Roa...)
As long as you enjoyed it, that's all that matters. Now if you'd used the front quarters I'd have joined you
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Tonite I "created" a dish .... by bjcotton (As long as you enjoy...)
Sounds great. I love to create new things. Many times, I've been so satisfied with them that I made sure to write out the recipe for future use.

Cooking can be a lot of work, but it can also be a LOT of fun - keep creating!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tonite I "created" a dish .... by labradors (Sounds great. I lov...)
Sure sounds good Cis! And what a nice way for something to "sip" your mind. *HIC*
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tonite I "created" a dish .... by Gourmet_Mom (Sure sounds good Cis...)
Cis, this sounded delicious! Wish I were there...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Tonite I "created" a dish .... by Gourmet_Mom (Sure sounds good Cis...)
Great!!-Experiment!! Sounds good! My first "creation" was when I was a night nurse in an alcoholic ward in Round Rock Texas my second year in college (1963). My roommate and nurse associate, had a kitchen and we cooked our dinners--I fixed a casserole of chicken breasts with Campbells Cream of Mushroom Soup and Cream of Celery soup--baked in the oven. Not too creative, but not bad for a 19 year old!! Simple, and sophomoric (accurate), compared to yours!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Tonite I "created" a dish .... by Old Bay (Great!!-Experiment!!...)
My first creation that I can think of is Chicken, Pasta & Pesto.... Grilled or pan seared chicken breast meat cut in strips, frozen package of rotini with California mix, and a container of refrigerated pesto sauce. It was a huge hit with the family. I might just have to make that again soon.
  Re: Re: Tonite I "created" a dish .... by HomeCulinarian (My first creation th...)
Both of those are so much better than mine!! I was just so young!
(It did taste good)
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Tonite I "created" a dish .... by Old Bay (Both of those are so...)
Cis that sounds yummy!

Lol my first 'dish' was when I was 12. I took some english muffins, topped them with left over spaghetti sauce, and a piece of american cheese and made mini pizza's.

I like Cis's recipe better
  Re: Re: Tonite I "created" a dish .... by DFen911 (Cis that sounds yumm...)
"my second year in college (1963)." geez, in 1963 I was on my third baby!!! And boy, was I making up dishes in those days...hardly had a pot to p** in. I remember (don't know why, I forget everything else!) that pork chops were just beginning to go up in price - I used to buy them so often 'cause they were so cheap, the kid's dad finally yelled UNCLE!!

Cis, that sounds so good! A little sausage and the flavors remind me of Roberto's oven roasted dish.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com