Shrimp Etouffe Stuffed Fillet - Leftovers
  Re: (...)
Well the recipe made 4 lovely fillets and extra etouffe - well what's a girl to do. . . . breakfast!

Shrimp, buttered & toasted (popcorn bread) crouton, the stuffed steak, a poached egg, all topped with hollandaise! Bob licked his plate clean and we both thought it made a better breakfast than dinner!

[Image: 3174698028_b5760bb487.jpg]
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Shrimp Etouffe Stuffed Fillet - Leftovers by Harborwitch (Well the recipe made...)
Now that looks really GREAT!!!! Your poached egg is a true work of art!!! GREAT image---it is a very nice dish.

For breakfast??? Who would need dinner? ...and then you have the chance to work it off all day long
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Shrimp Etouffe Stuffed Fillet - Leftovers by Roxanne 21 (Now that looks reall...)
Thank you - the flavors were just perfect although I think a little more "cajun" in the sauce would have been good and something fresh and green (chives?) would have been nice.
  Re: Re: Shrimp Etouffe Stuffed Fillet - Leftovers by Harborwitch (Thank you - the flav...)
AW, man, you're killing me here Sharon! Even WITH the poached egg. BTW, I'm a popcorn bread die hard, too...it's my go to homemade loaf bread, rolls, and buns. I'd planned on making bread this weekend as a matter of fact...popcorn bread it is! We love the stuff! THANKS LABS!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Shrimp Etouffe Stuffed Fillet - Leftovers by Gourmet_Mom (AW, man, you're kill...)
It's our favorite too - although I make a multi-grain with all kinds of goodies in it that Bob loves too. The texture of the popcorn bread is so nice

I agree, Thanks Labs!
  Re: Re: Shrimp Etouffe Stuffed Fillet - Leftovers by Harborwitch (It's our favorite to...)
TOTALLY agree on the texture. I've not found anything to match it. I still haven't found the multi-grain, so I guess that's on the list of things to order soon.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Shrimp Etouffe Stuffed Fillet - Leftovers by Gourmet_Mom (TOTALLY agree on the...)
LOL! Never realised how popular that popcorn bread would turn out. Glad to have helped.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Shrimp Etouffe Stuffed Fillet - Leftovers by Gourmet_Mom (TOTALLY agree on the...)
I'll post the recipe I use tomorrow when I've got time to sit. Right now peeking in while taking down Christmas.
  Re: Re: Shrimp Etouffe Stuffed Fillet - Leftovers by Harborwitch (I'll post the recipe...)
Oh my, doesn't that look delicious!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Shrimp Etouffe Stuffed Fillet - Leftovers by cjs (Oh my, doesn't that ...)
Bob said last night that the breakfast was better than the dinner. Hmmmm, you betcha Bob! Fillet for breakfast. Just for special occasions.