Recipe review---Chicken Saltimbocca
  Re: (...)
This is in Weeknight Menus Vol 2 Page 43

We have a favorite saltimbocca recipe that I have made for years...it is basically a roulade with cheese, tomato, prosciutto in a chicken breast pounded until very thin.

Anyway, I tried the recipe for the heck of it...my, was this good and very simple to make in comparison. The sauce was very tasty and the mushrooms were wonderful. The only change I would make in future is to maybe crisp the prosciutto before adding to the sauce at the end...just a personal preference. I did not have fresh sage avaialable so subbed basil...LOVE basil!!
If y'all want a quick tasty meal...this is great!!! Peter gave it a 10...I will give it a 9.

Oh...served with the suggested side of fettucine alfredo ...YUMMMMM!!!! and added a little side salad of halved grape tomatoes, cucumber chunks, spring onion, chopped basil and a very light touch of evoo.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Recipe review---Chicken Saltimbocca by Roxanne 21 (This is in Weeknight...)
Don't think I've made this one, but sounds good, Roxanne. His highness is sleeping, so don't know if I brought this book with me or not.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Recipe review---Chicken Saltimbocca by cjs (Don't think I've mad...)
I'm wondering if it's like the one in Cuisine Tonight page 29. We like that one. It's made with mushrooms, Marsala, beef broth, prosciutto, sage, and butter....simple but delicious.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Recipe review---Chicken Saltimbocca by Gourmet_Mom (I'm wondering if it'...)
Sure sounds the same...I'll check Cuisine Tonight...

Went to check..I don't have that particular issue. I have CT Splendid Soups and CT Grilling..I think I checked that CT and noticed that the recipes were several repeats so opted not to buy it.

That is probably the same recipe... YUP, simple and delicious.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Recipe review---Chicken Saltimbocca by Roxanne 21 (Sure sounds the same...)
I double checked, and it is the same recipe. It's also in Issue 65. I've made it a couple of times and agree, it's simple and delicious.
  Re: Re: Recipe review---Chicken Saltimbocca by Sage (I double checked, an...)
Thanks for double checking Sage! I do love this one and the Pork one that is similar with a Marsala Mushroom sauce! YUMMY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.