Need Advice
  Re: (...)
Hello C@Hers...
Happy New Year!!! I am new to this forum...am I? Well I have been a member since last year -- last year is not long ago...Smile I absolutely love this place. Now! I am having issues. It is Hubby's Birthday, and I want to keep a small get together/ dinner for him on Valentines day. I do not know what I should prepare. Anyone care to share ideas?

Thanks a lot.
Tasty
  Re: Need Advice by Tasty (Hello [url=mailto:C@...)
There are lots of ideas. What is his favorite meat? Do you want something simple or spectacular? How accommplished are you in the kitchen..if you're like me, you're probably an intermediate. Give us a few hints and we can help you come up with something.

AND, welcome to our home away from home!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Well, if you are subscriber, have you seen the newest issue? They have a wonderful Valentine's Day menu of Tarragon Beef Tournado Salad and for dessert Chocolate Pots de Creme. They both look lovely and would be wonderful by candlelight.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Need Advice by luvnit (Well, if you are sub...)
Those Chocolate Pots de Creme sound wonderful. One bit of advice, I'd plan something that does not have a lot of last minute work so you can enjoy the party. You also may want to do a search with the word party...that should bring up some ideas as well. Without knowing some of hubby's favorites, it's hard to have a direction.

One more thing, the Shrimp Sushi Parfaits would be good. And they would be easy to make ahead.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Need Advice by Gourmet_Mom (Those Chocolate Pots...)
Oops, I should have read more carefully. I mistakenly thought it was a dinner for 2 on Valentine's for his birthday.

I think Molto Manicotti is a wonderful dish for a crowd.

Great idea Daphne!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Need Advice by luvnit (Oops, I should have ...)
Eight-layer lasagna!! Make it the day before and enjoy the party, too!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Need Advice by BarbaraS (Eight-layer lasagna!...)
If you make Pots de Creme - add a little cayenne to the mix - it just brings out every flavor, but does not make it hot.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Need Advice by cjs (If you make Pots de ...)
Hi, Tasty. Please give us some clues to what you're thinking about making for your party. There will be no lack of good advice coming your way!
Welcome to the forum, Tasty. Glad you could join us. How about individual Beef Wellington. My husband loves those!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Need Advice by Mare749 (Welcome to the forum...)
Quote:

Welcome to the forum, Tasty. Glad you could join us. How about individual Beef Wellington. My husband loves those!

Maryann

That is our standard Saturday night fare!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.