Well, for Heaven Sakes
  Re: (...)
Here all alone I was planning on being somewhere else for Christmas. Now with everything North and South of here snowed under, the 800 pound gorilla called and asked me if I'd cook supper here....of course I will. I went out to the freezer to look at the two turkeys I have, would you believe the smallest one is 23.71 pounds.....for two of us? What the hey, we both like leftovers and I can use the dark meat to make Turkey and Noodle Stuff (casserole). We both like white meat (a little on the dry side) so that will all probably be gone. I always make tons of stuffing/dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy...enough to feed an army since I don't know how to cook any other way. Oh well, I haven't cooked a big supper in a while anyway.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Well, for Heaven Sakes by bjcotton (Here all alone I was...)
Oh aren't you going to have fun! Paul will love a big Billy cooked dinner.

Freakin' weather. Maybe by New Years things will clear up???

Bob and I are talking about a simple dinner for 2 and perhaps an afternoon movie. Jennifer is going to Laurie's, Bob is on call, and we just really don't want to go out to someone else's for dinner. Joan and Lee have asked us over and I'm sure John and Vicki will too - but Bob wants quiet. (If he can't have Billy for Christmas . . . he doesn't want any company!)

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Well, for Heaven Sakes by Harborwitch (Oh aren't you going ...)
Well now Sharon, that's quite a compliment! Give him a hug for me and tell him I love him too. Both of you have a very nice Christmas and MAYBE I will see you for New Years.

Billy
  Re: Re: Well, for Heaven Sakes by bjcotton (Well now Sharon, tha...)
Hey Billy, I made a really good turkey noodle soup from Thanksgiving if you want inspiration - but keep some gravy to add to it.

We're kind of where you and Sharon are as far as Christmas is going. This is the first time in my entire life (and you know how many years that is!!) that there are no plans for Christmas and I can't even get in the mood. We tried Christmas shopping last night, what a farce, neither of us could get in the mood. We bought two sets of bath towels and I picked up a purse on sale.

I don't want another Christmas like this one, ever! Bah!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Well, for Heaven Sakes by cjs (Hey Billy, I made a ...)
I finished decorating Sunday. That helped. Got the Cornmeal Thumbprints with pepper jelly made, and the inside out Almond Joy Macaroons from the Holiday Cookie Book. I've got two more batches of cookies to make and maybe a sweet bread for Christmas morning.

It just came up too fast this year. I'm not at all into a big huge meal - maybe tamales, maybe just a nice steak dinner. Nothing fancy.
  Re: Re: Well, for Heaven Sakes by cjs (Hey Billy, I made a ...)
What about those Huckleberry chocolates you got me a couple of years ago? Mmmmmm, those were so good...I went back and got another box!

Billy
  Re: Re: Well, for Heaven Sakes by bjcotton (What about those Huc...)
Oh WOW! I had those in Montana and just went bonkers! So good!
  Re: Re: Well, for Heaven Sakes by Harborwitch (Oh WOW! I had those ...)
We ate all of Billy's Christmas present in one sitting!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Well, for Heaven Sakes by cjs (We ate all of Billy'...)
Merry Christmas Billy!! 24 lbs of turkey would last me 3 years.. I just made 7 lbs of chili (no beans)--if I could get some to you I would. Be well my friend, Bill & Jane
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Well, for Heaven Sakes by Old Bay (Merry Christmas Bill...)
Mmmmm Bill! Homemade chili. How are you two doing? Well I hope. All is well here at 44°F.

Billy