Atleast it isn't another Fruit Cake!
  Re: (...)
Here is a nice sounding Holiday bread...

Finnish Christmas Bread - Joululeipä

Chef's Note
Can be frozen

Ingredients for 3 loaves
- 1 liter (4 cups) buttermilk
- 50 g (2 oz.) yeast
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) Molasses
- 2 tbsp. grated bitter orange zest
- 1/2 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 800 ml (3 1/4 cups) rye flour
- 400 ml (1 1/2 cups) graham flour
- 100 ml (6 tbsp.) wheat flour

Method
1. Warm the buttermilk;
2. crumble in the yeast and add the molasses and spices;
3. mix in the flours and knead well; cover and let rise. If the kitchen is drafty, place the covered bowl in a pan of hot water.
4. divide the dough into three and form into round loaves; place the loaves in a warm place to rise; prick with a fork before placing in the oven; bake for about 40 minutes.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Atleast it isn't another Fruit Cake! by firechef (Here is a nice sound...)
Now this one does sound good! The different flours would be impossible to find though. Wheat would be doable, but not the others...especially the graham.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Atleast it isn't another Fruit Cake! by Gourmet_Mom (Now this one does so...)
Check online for places that would ***** or ask others with access to places that might sell them really nicely to send some your way...it might just work. Don't worry I'd have to go through specialty catalogs and hope that I could find it myself. Maybe Williams Sonoma?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Atleast it isn't another Fruit Cake! by firechef (Check online for pla...)
That is true. As soon as I get these kids off my payroll, this and a few other online items will be added to my pantry...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Atleast it isn't another Fruit Cake! by Gourmet_Mom (That is true. As so...)
Kids off the payroll...that doesn't sound nice. Guess this means I have to get a real job? Next you'll tell me to stop raiding the refrigerator at midnight...