Mastercook and iPhone
  Re: (...)
Does anyone have any suggestions on using MasterCook or some other recipe software program with the iPhone? I'm trying the BigOven app now, but all of my recipes are in MC 9 and the import isn't very easy! Plus I think I have to post all my recipes to the web to be able to access them on the iPhone? If I can set them to private, haven't figured that out yet... Thx!!!
  Re: Mastercook and iPhone by carolekv (Does anyone have any...)
Wow, that's over my techno brain! If you figure it out, would you post it here? That's assuming I ever GET an iPhone...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Mastercook and iPhone by Gourmet_Mom (Wow, that's over my ...)
I use BigOven and it's okay. Mostly I save recipes online so that they are available for me on the iPhone when I'm in the kitchen. It eliminates two things; 1) having to print them, and 2) lugging my laptop around the house. Oh, a third advantage is that I can pull up the ingredients when I'm at the grocery store.

I also use Grocery IQ to save my shopping list. It's handy in both separating items into store isles, and checking them off as they are placed in the cart.

This is all fun technical stuff but totally unnecessary. Still, I love tech. ;-)
Buzz

I have kleptomania,
but when it gets bad,
I take something for it.
  Re: Re: Mastercook and iPhone by buzzard767 (I use BigOven and it...)
Buzz, how much time does it take to transfer "A LOT" of recipes online? I'm assuming you have a download site...would you share?

I ask because DD is getting a iPod Touch for xmas and I'd love to help her with this. She would LOVE it! She is really getting into cooking, and I'd love for her to have this option. She's forevermore calling me for recipes and stuff. I think she'd really use this.

I am so proud of her. She looks at the ads and finds who is having the best sales and shops there. This would be a GREAT gift for her without paying a dime.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Mastercook and iPhone by Gourmet_Mom (Buzz, how much time ...)
Oh yes, I have Grocery IQ too - haven't used it yet, though. I need a stylus - I cannot get the hang of the touch keypad. (I do LOVE my iPhone though - coolest thing - iTouch is just as cool, I hear, but just no phone and no data plan to pay for either!)
  Re: Re: Mastercook and iPhone by Gourmet_Mom (Buzz, how much time ...)
Use your PC and go to the BigOven site, find recipes you like, and save them to your favorites (the heart). Then, on the iPhone, pull up the BigOven app, and select favorites. That's it. Just choose the one you want and the ingredients and cooking instructions are there for the viewing. It's great stuff. ;-)

I think the BigOven app was free but honestly don't remember. It might have been 99 cents.

I'm "pretty" sure the ipod touch works the same way as the iPhone.
  Re: Re: Mastercook and iPhone by buzzard767 (Use your PC and go t...)
But can I save MY recipes to the site? And if I can, are they there for all the world to see, or can I store them for just my files?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Mastercook and iPhone by Gourmet_Mom (But can I save MY re...)
Yes, I have a 30 day trial, and then it's paid to buy it - something like 9.99 basic and 29.99 for premiere and I haven't looked at the differences yet. (It was free or 99 cents for the iPhone app, but you need the PC software to post your own.) I'm a newbie, but so far, I have been able to put my recipes into the downloaded application, post them to the site, wait a while, then see them on my own page on the site, then see them on the iPhone. I don't think I can save my grocery list to the iPhone, but I can see the ingredient list in the recipe, so that's good enough for me, I guess. I don't see any way to do this other than to share my recipes with the world so far, which I guess I don't mind, but I really would prefer that they were just there for me.
  Re: Re: Mastercook and iPhone by Gourmet_Mom (But can I save MY re...)
Never gave that any thought and I don't know the answer. You have to log in so I assume the information would only be available to you.
  Re: Re: Mastercook and iPhone by carolekv (Yes, I have a 30 day...)
Hey, DD doesn't use the shopping list for MC9 since she shops sales. So having the ability to pull up a recipe from an ingredient she can get on sale would be awesome! THANKS! I can't wait to tell her!!!!! UH...make that Santa will leave her a message. Thanks Carolekv!
Daphne