Yipeee! Finally Found A Christmas Book I Want!
  Re: (...)
Andrew Dornenburg & Karen Page have done it again!!! Sounds like a real winner! (Lorraine, we need this book!)

The Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary Creativity, Based on the Wisdom of America's Most Imaginative Chefs

From Publishers Weekly
Starred Review. Dornenberg and Page's follow up to their award-winning What to Drink With What You Eat certainly compliments its predecessor (part of the intent), but works equally well as a standalone reference for cooks of all skill levels. An alphabetical index of flavors and ingredients, the book allows readers to search complimentary combinations for a particular ingredient (over 70 flavors go well with chickpeas; over 100 are listed for oranges), emphasizing the classics (chives with eggs, nutmeg with cream, sardines and olive oil, etc.). Entries for ingredients such as chicken, beets and lamb span multiple pages and feature menu items from chefs such as Grant Achatz of Alinea, Alred Portale of Gotham Bar and Grill and Le Bernardin's Eric Ripert. Regional tastes are well-represented in broad entries for classic German and English flavors, as well as the more fine-tuned flavors of, for example, northern France or West Africa. The listings, combinations and short essays from various chefs on different matches are meant to inspire rather than dictate-there are, in fact, no recipes included. Instead, the volume is meant as a jumping-off point for those comfortable in the kitchen and eager to explore; though experienced cooks and chefs will benefit most, novices will find themselves referring to this handsome volume again and again as their confidence grows. Color photos.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Yipeee! Finally Found A Christmas Book I Want! by cjs (Andrew Dornenburg & ...)
Whaaaa! I want one, too!!!!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Yipeee! Finally Found A Christmas Book I Want! by cjs (Andrew Dornenburg & ...)
That sounds like a VERY interesting book. I think I shall have to check this one out (at the library). I am always putting together flavors in my head when I make a meal. And now a book. Who knew?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Geez, I'll add it to the list. Better yet, I can give it to Gil for Christmas, that way, I get to use it also. It sounds great.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Yipeee! Finally Found A Christmas Book I Want! by Lorraine (Geez, I'll add it to...)
Sounds like a MUST have!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Yipeee! Finally Found A Christmas Book I Want! by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds like a MUST h...)
JEAN!!!!! That is just not fair...**checks Barnes and Noble to see if it's in stock**

I gave my book list to my family (oh is happy to see it's in stock) and I've been told I am not to get anything before Christmas (but if it wasn't on the list they will never know)...and it's like a law..

Oh no!! I clicked it...well...if you click it, you buy it..and sold

Jean you are in so much trouble with my family!
  Re: Re: Yipeee! Finally Found A Christmas Book I Want! by DFen911 (JEAN!!!!! That is ju...)
I noticed there were no used ones when I was on....I'm in trouble with Roy too if I go ahead and get it. Our trip is "supposed" to be our present to each other (so we'll have more $$$ to buy wines)! Technically I guess if I just buy it, it's not considered a Christmas present, right?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Yipeee! Finally Found A Christmas Book I Want! by cjs (I noticed there were...)
Don't forget to try betterworldbooks.com

They have such a great deal and free shipping. I find I used them more than Amazon lately.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Yipeee! Finally Found A Christmas Book I Want! by farnfam (Don't forget to try ...)
Whew!! for once Amazon was cheaper on this one.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Yipeee! Finally Found A Christmas Book I Want! by cjs (Whew!! for once Amaz...)
It's on my list and I'm going to order it right now - too bad I didn't read this earlier - could've included in one of the many other Amazon orders I've made this year. I work from home often, with my home PC on the other side of my desk, so you KNOW what I do when I'm in a boring conference call and don't have to talk....