Need recipe: Chicken Carbonara
  Re: (...)
Hi everyone!

I've been a subscriber for C@H for a year now and absolutely love it! I got gift subscriptions for some foodies at work because I think it's so awesome.

When I signed up a year ago, they sent me the Weeknight Menus Vol. 1 book. Sadly, I can't find that book anywhere at home, and when I called C@H to order a new one, they said they discontinued it! I'm desparate to find the recipe in vol. 1 for Chicken Carbonara. If anyone would be so kind as to post it here I'd be VERY grateful. Thank so much!
  Re: Need recipe: Chicken Carbonara by pretyblkgrl (Hi everyone![br][br]...)
I'll post it on the condition that you come back and visit often!!

Chicken Carbonara with Crumb Topping
4 servings

Whisk together:
1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
2 eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper

Sauté:
1/2 lb. thick-sliced bacon, diced

Add & sauté:
1 lb. chicken tenders, seasoned with salt & pepper

Deglaze & Reduce:
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 T. fresh lemon juice

Cook; Drain with:
12 oz. dry spaghetti
1 cup frozen peas

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the spaghetti. Prepare bread crumb topping.

Whisk together Parmesan, eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.

Sauté bacon in a large sauté pan until crisp. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate; pour off all but 1 T. drippings.

Add chicken; sauté 4 minutes per side; transfer to the plate with the bacon.

Deglaze the pan with wine, broth, and juice, scraping up any bits on the bottom. Reduce by half, 2-3 min.

Cook spaghetti in boiling water, stirring often. Drain pasta into a colander with the frozen peas. Shake pasta to remove excess water. Combine the bacon and chicken mixture with the egg mixture. Add hot pasta and toss to coat. Garnish with bread crumb mixture. Serve immediately.

Bread Crumb Topping
Makes 2 cups

Pulse:
2 slices crusty Italian bread, 1/2” thick, cubed (to make 2 cups crumbs)

Toast crumbs in:
2 T. olive oil

Toss with:
3 T. chopped fresh parsley
1 T. lemon zest, minced
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
Salt to taste

Pulse bread cubes in a food processor until coarse.

Toast crumbs in oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet for about ___ minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a small bowl. (the book omitted the number of minutes, but I’m guessing 2-3 minutes.)

Toss with parsley, zest, pepper flakes and salt.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Need recipe: Chicken Carbonara by cjs (I'll post it on the ...)
Bless you cjs! Thank you SO much! I promise to visit frequently!
  Re: Re: Need recipe: Chicken Carbonara by pretyblkgrl (Bless you cjs! Than...)
Welcome! That is one great recipe.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Need recipe: Chicken Carbonara by Lorraine (Welcome! That is on...)
Welcome pretyblkgrl! I hope you'll visit often. We really enjoy chatting about food...plus, you'll get to hear about some of the great recipes from issues you don't have. Usually, someone has the recipe and is glad to share it with you.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Need recipe: Chicken Carbonara by Gourmet_Mom (Welcome pretyblkgrl!...)
Welcome to the forum! Don't stop at just one recipe: hang around and enjoy the people and MANY other recipes!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Need recipe: Chicken Carbonara by labradors (Welcome to the forum...)
Welcome, pretyblkgrl.