what to do with left-over prime rib?
  Re: (...)
I made a prime rib roast the night before I left for Florida and put the bones and left-over meat into the freezer. Now I have it thawed and was planning to make a soup with it. Anyone with some fabulous ideas? I feel brain dead.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: what to do with left-over prime rib? by chef_Tab (I made a prime rib r...)
Cut into strips and warmed it would probably make the best Philly/steak sandwich you ever had or with some beef broth and sauteed onions a great French Dip.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: what to do with left-over prime rib? by chef_Tab (I made a prime rib r...)
STEAK SANDWICHES!!! Yummy!!!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: what to do with left-over prime rib? by firechef (STEAK SANDWICHES!!! ...)
Ahhhh, I knew someone would come to the rescue! I love that idea! So easy to boot. Bill, have I told you lately that you are a genius????
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: what to do with left-over prime rib? by chef_Tab (Ahhhh, I knew someon...)
In fact, in the Southeast, some Publix supermarkets, much to the surprise of this person from the Philly area, actually make a very respectable Cheesesteak in their deli, using their deli roast beef, provolone, and sautéed peppers and onions.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: what to do with left-over prime rib? by labradors (In fact, in the Sout...)
When I was working a lot of times I would have to figure out what to feed the crew and one of the favorites was when I had l/o prime rib. I had a list taped to the wall in the kitchen, so I could just go thru it -

* Exported from MasterCook *

PRIME RIB - IDEAS FOR LEFTOVERS

- rare parts - slice thin -- spread with boursin, or whatever cheese mixture, roll up for hors.
- cut in rounds to fit crackers spread with cream cheese mix -- top with anything and everything(1/2 grape tomato, gr. onion curl, crumbled cheese, etc.)
- Shave thin and serve on Ciabatta Bread with Horseradish Sour Cream -- Blue Cheese, - - - Shaved Red Onion and Marinated Tomatoes.
- Braise the leftovers soft enough to "pull" and do pulled BBQ beef.
- Shave thick enough to keep slices intact and fill with a Mushroom Duxelle
- cut the leftovers into pieces -- almost a french fry cut and served them stroganoff style over wide egg noodles.
- cut it into 12oz. "steaks" and blacken them in a cast iron skillet to order. Put it on ciabatta bread -- then add horseradish sauce (or a creole mustard mayonnaise), grilled onions, vine ripe tomatoes and lettuce.
- french dip sandwich with a side of au jus
- add to Spaghetti Sauces
- shave fine and use for quick Philly Cheese steaks.
- turn it into Chicken Fried Steak.
- sliced thin on canapes with melon
- ground up with pine nuts and cheese for a raviolli filling
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: what to do with left-over prime rib? by cjs (When I was working a...)
#3 would work for a party as well as for leftovers--into my memory bank (whats left of it!!)
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
There's a beautiful looking Baked Potato Soup topped with sliced steak and tomato/blue cheese relish on page 60 of the Splendid Soup book that looks pretty enticing. They use top sirloin but if you had some extra prime rib (you don't need much from the looks of it) I'm sure it would work.

Baked potato, steak and salad all in one bowl.
  Re: Re: what to do with left-over prime rib? by Trixxee (There's a beautiful ...)
"Baked potato, steak and salad all in one bowl." and that ones marked, sounds so good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, do all chefs feed their crew that well???
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."