Whats your absolute favorite....?
  Re: (...)
Cheesecake!!!
i don't know about the rest of you, but i can never turn this stuff down
so i wanted to see what everyones favorite recipe for cheesecake was.
Here's mine from LoveMyPhilly.com
hope you enjoy it

Candied Apple Pie Cheesecake
1 cup crushed NABISCO Ginger Snaps
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar, divided
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup BREAKSTONE’S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
2 eggs
1 cup apple pie filling, divided
1/2 cup PLANTERS Walnut Pieces, divided
1/2 cup toffee bits, divided

HEAT oven to 325°F.
Mix crumbs, butter and 2 Tbsp. sugar; press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate.

BEAT cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended.
Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each.
Stir in 1/2 each pie filling, nuts and toffee. Pour into crust.

BAKE 35 min. or until center is almost set. Cool.
Refrigerate 4 hours. Top with remaining pie filling, nuts and toffee before serving.
  Re: Whats your absolute favorite....? by chef21 (Cheesecake!!![br]i d...)
Gee, another Kraft-related post. What a surprise!

The true surprise is that this person decided to use an avatar, and that it DOESN'T feature his products.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Whats your absolute favorite....? by labradors (Gee, another Kraft-r...)
**calls her favorite dog, grabs her shot gun** It's Huntin Season!!

Oh wait..I don't hunt...here someone take this gun before I hurt myself. I'm so much better at stalking.
  Re: Re: Whats your absolute favorite....? by DFen911 (**calls her favorite...)
Quote:

**calls her favorite dog,

No need: I was already here.
  Re: Re: Whats your absolute favorite....? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
ignoring....
  Re: Re: Whats your absolute favorite....? by HomeCulinarian (ignoring.......)
I've had this one on my ignore list from last time...isn't it the person that used to have a slice of cheesecake before?

Denise, give me that gun! Labs, get him!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Whats your absolute favorite....? by Gourmet_Mom (I've had this one on...)
In all honesty, the only cream cheese I can buy is either Philly or no name. So, I buy the Philly. My favourite is Turtle Cheesecake.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Whats your absolute favorite....? by Lorraine (In all honesty, the ...)
I don't find any difference between the no name and the Philly, so I buy no name and save a bit. The Nuefachtel(sp?) that is touted as a low fat sub, does not even get close to cream cheese as far as I'm concerned, but that's just mho.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Whats your absolute favorite....? by Lorraine (In all honesty, the ...)
Quote:

In all honesty, the only cream cheese I can buy is either Philly or no name.

For everything except cheesecake, I used to by only no name. For cheesecake, I used to use only Philly until I discovered Hahn's, which I feel is smoother AND has better flavour. Of course, HERE, I use whatever I can get, since it's so expensive here, but the times I HAVE used Hahn's, there was no doubt it was a superior product.
  Re: Re: Whats your absolute favorite....? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I used a no name brand on the last two NY Cheesecakes and saved some major money since the recipe uses 7 eight ounce packages. I was told the cheesecake beat any Cheesecake Factory cheesecake! I won't be worrying about the brand any more. I'll buy the cheapest.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.