A spread for Turkey Sandwiches!
  Re: (...)
Using leftovers is always a big deal around the holidays. As everyone tends to cook for an entire Army.
Thought you might like this sandwich spread to try on that Turkey and Rye sandwich. This starts as most spreads do... with the Cuisinart Food Processor.

[Image: cuisinart.jpg]

This is a relatively easy spread to put together. Like all things cooking, setting the mise en place up at the start makes things go smoother.. and from a food safety stand point, safer.

[Image: miseenplace.jpg]

Here we have all the ingredients needed to put together the spread.
Starting at the top and working left to right we will go through them.
2 Tbsp Mustard (this is hot guldens)
1 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp of dried onion
1.5 Tbsp of White pepper
2 Tbsp of lemon juice (this is your acid)
2 Tbsp of Sun Dried Tomato
2 tsp Dark Chile powder
1.5 tsp of rubbed sage
2 Tbsp Sweet Hungarian Paprika
1/2 Tsp Thyme (little bowl)
3 eggs, the yolk of two eggs and one whole egg
5 ounces of crisp fried drained bacon
1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 2/3 cup of Canola Oil (or other neutral oil)
1/3 cup dill pickle chips or dill pickle parts.
Start with the begin of the emulsion as normal. So the eggs go into it, the mustard, the white pepper, and the lemon juices. Turn the Cuisinart on and start the Olive oil into the tube.

[Image: startemulsion.jpg]

After that first third of a cup of oil is in there and emulsified it is time to add: Everything else but the bacon and pickles.

[Image: thicker.jpg]

Open the lid and dump the rest of it in, save for the pickles and bacon and pulse it. Then start it spinning again and add half the remaining neutral oil. Should start to stand up like the picture below.

[Image: gettingready.jpg]

Then we open her up and add in the pickle and the bacon. Get it spinning again and add the remaining neutral oil until it stands like a nice spread.

[Image: finaladd.jpg]

Once it is done it should stand nicely and taste a little bland with some surprises in it. It will need to sit for about 30 minutes to become what it will become with blooming time.

[Image: finished.jpg]

Scrape it out into a nice food container (ask the salad bar manager at the local grocery store to sell you some of their older dressing containers. Don't forget to get the lid. My sells them to me for $1.50 each.

[Image: storagecontainer.jpg]

Ok that is all there is to it. A few words, this is a raw egg product. However the acid is balanced to kill anything bad that may be in the eggs. Don't adjust the acid.... everything else you can mess with and experiment.
I like this on both sides of the bread with the turkey, lettuce, tomato and a little onion. I prefer rye bread, but like wine, use what you want to use.
'til we talk again, get to work on the leftovers... they are not going to put themselves up....

Chef Bob Ballantyne
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering
Grand Junction, Colorado, USA
Chef de Cuisine

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
  Re: A spread for Turkey Sandwiches! by bbally (Using leftovers is a...)
Sounds and looks great, Bob. With all those great photos, maybe you should share this with FoodGawker.com!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: A spread for Turkey Sandwiches! by labradors (Sounds and looks gre...)
Thanks for the site reference labs, I will check it out.
Chef de Cuisine

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
  Re: Re: A spread for Turkey Sandwiches! by bbally (Thanks for the site ...)
Sounds delicious! Thank you.
  Re: Re: A spread for Turkey Sandwiches! by Trixxee (Sounds delicious! T...)
Oh my gosh, it has been so long since I have seen a "Bob Blog." I've missed them! Thank you!

Recipe copied into my "Linda's Recipes." MC9 really needs to be ordered shortly!