Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
  Re: (...)
Bob and I have so much to be thankful for this year. We are both healthy, our kids are all doing okay, grandkids are doing great, and we have a new great granddaughter on the way.

We've got a lovely cozy home, our incredible family here on line, and some very very special friends that we just love to pieces.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone - we'll be thinking of you all and wishing each of you the happiest Thanksgiving ever!! It would be so cool if we could all sit down around a table together!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Happy Thanksgiving everyone! by Harborwitch (Bob and I have so mu...)
Happy Thanksgiving to you too Sharon and everyone here!!

Post pictures if you have them! I am so truly thankful to everyone here for always being so supportive, helpful, making me laugh and inspiring me.
  Re: Re: Happy Thanksgiving everyone! by DFen911 (Happy Thanksgiving t...)
I am taking pictures for the first time this year - don't know when I'll do another "tradtional" dinner again..

Have a great holiday everyone!! And Thanks for being here thruout the year!!

Here's one more reason for thanks!!! Just got this of my youngest great-grandson, Arien!! Is he a cutie or what?
[Image: Arien2008.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Happy Thanksgiving everyone! by cjs (I am taking pictures...)
I wanted to share a video with you guys. Some of you may have seen this young man already. But what an amazing young boy to accomplish so much.

I am sad to say Brendan did pass away on Nov. 23, but not before he saw the impact of his wish. To feed those less fortunate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-vaGctUJJY
  Re: Re: Happy Thanksgiving everyone! by DFen911 (I wanted to share a ...)
Happy Thanksgiving Day right back at ya!!

I got the day "off" this year. My wonderful husband said that 3 years running the movable feast to his housebound folks was enough and we should spend it with my family - or a good handful, as it happened.

The SIL cooked a fresh/brined 27 lb bird. She asked me how it was, but I only had a wing (I like wings) and it was moist. She thought it was dry but could anyone tell the diff of fresh vs frozen? Then I told her that a brined bird cooks more quickly and she went "A-ha!, No one told me that.". But it was all good. She made this delish cranberry relish that used whole cranberries, equal parts orange juice and water, and sugar. She said it was on the back of the package of the berries, so I'll have to look. And a gazillion side dishes...

I played lots of cards with my sis and nephews (aka certified card aces) and spent time with some of her family that I haven't seen since their wedding.

Best of all, my brother had K-P duty as SIL used her wedding china that can't go in the dishwasher!!

I'm thankful for a lot of things - that both our folks are still with us after a few crazy and eventful years.

Tomorrow, it's up to the In-Laws to take them out for some time. Hubby's brother and granddaughter is with them today doing the duties.

Jean, what a cute pic of the gg-boy! Were you a child bride?

Denise, I couldn't watch your yourtube vid, my laptop has some kind of trojan/bug that is really screwing with the apps I want to run. Gotta get the hubby to clean it out and re-install Windows.

Hope everyone had a great time - share your day!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Happy Thanksgiving everyone! by BarbaraS (Happy Thanksgiving D...)
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!! I am happy to say I touched the lives of several hundred people including many that didn't have reservations and some that just came down from their rooms to sit in the lounge and have a cup of coffee and of course the kitchen gave them a piece of pumpkin pie or cheesecake on the house to finish their holiday!

Nice to do unto others...not nearly as many as Linda's daughter but we fed over 500 plus people and a bunch of breakfast customers and even a handful in the lounge. All total I was involved with feeding about 600 people today...I AM BEAT!!! 7 minutes shy of 12 hours of work!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Happy Thanksgiving everyone! by firechef (Happy Thanksgiving t...)
I am so glad to hear others had a great Thanksgiving Day! Mine was equally great! I have not had a holiday meal go so smooth with no disasters and no stress.

At one point, as I spun around again, saying something is not done, DD said, "Mom, sit down and enjoy your wine!" At that point I set out the appies and we all enjoyed the moment. We were all standing or sitting around in the kitchen having wine and nibbling, laughing, and chatting...all five of us! This was the BEST! Usually, somebody is fussing or I'm flipping out over something. Yea, we had to wait a couple hours for Mom to get here with the rest of dinner, but if she'd been on time, we'd not have had this wonderful family time. I think I like having grown kids.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Happy Thanksgiving everyone! by Gourmet_Mom (I am so glad to hear...)
We, too, had a great day. Son from Chicago was here along with the two kids who still live in town. Oldest daughter and her husband are in Vail with their friends, so we were missing them. Hubby and I took our annual Thanksgiving day walk while the bird was in the oven. All the food turned out great. We joked and laughed and enjoyed the day. Today is my day to set out all the Christmas decorations. So, I'd better sign off and get to it!
  Re: Re: Happy Thanksgiving everyone! by Gourmet_Mom (I am so glad to hear...)
Quote:

At one point, as I spun around again, saying something is not done, DD said, "Mom, sit down and enjoy your wine!" At that point I set out the appies and we all enjoyed the moment. .... I think I like having grown kids.

I'm so glad you had a relativly stress-less day, Daphne! I, too, was spinning around remembering this and that. At one point, I was actually going in complete circles because this had to take priority over that-and it was son #2 who gave me a glass of wine and said, "let me do that, slow down and enjoy your day".

My boys came over and vaccuumed and dusted my house the day before, then did the prep dishes up before dinner. Yes, I like having them grown up!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Happy Thanksgiving everyone! by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
My boys helped with the cleaning, too. Even though it was just us and Mom, I like kicking off the holidays with a clean house. DD came in Thursday morning and said, "Mom, the porch and patio (the "front" or roadside of my house), look terrible. Where's the broom." She spent an hour hauling out stuff that didn't belong there and sweeping and dusting. She also helped with the cooking.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.