Thanksgiving Eve - What's for Dinner?
  Re: (...)
I baked my ham yesterday, so we're having one of our favorite sandwiches for dinner tonight (stealing a few slices ) with some tomato soup. Ham, Muenster, red onion on a crunch roll. Oh my, we love these!!

Got my yams, green beans, pink salad, bread toasted and sausage cooked for the dressing yesterday, so I'm in good shape today.

I must admit it's fun to be doing the old family favorites this year.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thanksgiving Eve - What's for Dinner? by cjs (I baked my ham yeste...)
With the big day tomorrow and Jane's kids getting here around 7:30 tonight, my son is joining all of us for our traditional "arrival" Mexican dinner at our favorite Mexican resteraunt--I think I'll have carne guisada and a margarita.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Thanksgiving Eve - What's for Dinner? by Old Bay (With the big day tom...)
Raise one to us also!! Have fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thanksgiving Eve - What's for Dinner? by cjs (Raise one to us also...)
I have no idea. After I get my prep work done and I get the house clean, I may just pass out and skip dinner...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thanksgiving Eve - What's for Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (I have no idea. Aft...)
I have no idea! Something easy and not requiring the oven. I'll be baking pies for tomorrow this evening.
  Re: Re: Thanksgiving Eve - What's for Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (I have no idea! Som...)
Not sure yet, Ron will be getting home later than usual. Might just be Chinese take-out tonight.

Jean, I'm doing some of my prep work ahead of time also, but haven't figured out how to do the yams ahead. My MIL taught me how to make them in my big 'ol cast iron skillet. Should I just cook halfway, then finish them off in the oven tomorrow?

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thanksgiving Eve - What's for Dinner? by Mare749 (Not sure yet, Ron wi...)
Leftover lsagana from issue #43.

What's a good way to reheat it without drying it out?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Thanksgiving Eve - What's for Dinner? by BarbaraS (Leftover lsagana fro...)
You must cook them in quarters or such? Why not completely cook them, then store in an ovenproof dish and stick in the oven while the turkey is resting? I mash mine, so it's easy to dish up and then heat at the last minute.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thanksgiving Eve - What's for Dinner? by cjs (You must cook them i...)
I think I'm going to keep it simple and just have tuna melts or just a regular tuna sandwich topped with cucumber slices and avocado slices.
  Re: Re: Thanksgiving Eve - What's for Dinner? by BarbaraS (Leftover lsagana fro...)
Barbara, I wonder if you covered it in foil and set it in a pan with water and bring to temp in the oven would work? When doing leftover lasagna, we just cut a piece and zap in the microwave. It has never seemed dry.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.