A nice twist on fish
  Re: (...)
One of the joys of living in SW Florida is the fresh seafood. In this case, red snapper. You uplanders might want to try this recipe on a firm white meated fish.

Steamed Fish A La Hong Kong

Ingredients
1 to 1 ½ pounds fish fillets
½ cup fresh ginger, cut into slivers, divided
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup scallions, cut into slivers
6 sprigs cilantro
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp sherry
2 tbs low-sodium soy sauce
3 tbs olive oil

Preparation
Rub fish thoroughly with salt and black pepper. Pour sherry over fish, sprinkle garlic, and ¼ cup ginger slivers on top.
Place fish in a steamer and steam for 15 minutes. Remove, place on plate and top with scallions, cilantro, and remaining ginger.
Heat olive oil in a sauce pan until it starts to sizzle. Pour over top of fish.
Add soy sauce and serve.

Serves 2-4.

This is it prepared before steaming - 7 minutes in this case because the fillets weren't too thick.

[Image: hk01.jpg]

Out of the steamer and into a baking dish. Do this. I tried pouring the olive oil onto the fish once on the serving plate and the plate cracked in half.

[Image: hk03.jpg]

On the plate. Honestly, I've never had better snapper than this recipe.

[Image: hk04.jpg]
Buzz

I have kleptomania,
but when it gets bad,
I take something for it.
  Re: A nice twist on fish by buzzard767 (One of the joys of l...)
My, that sounds tasty! Seems to be an ideal combination of ingredients. About the only thing it seems to be missing would be a splash of sesame oil, but even with out it, this sounds wonderful!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: A nice twist on fish by labradors (My, that sounds tast...)
YUM! This does sound good! I'll be trying this just as soon as I can get my hands on some snapper, grouper, or dolphin! Sooner than later, I hope! Thanks Buzz!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: A nice twist on fish by buzzard767 (One of the joys of l...)
The flavors sound so good--Jane & I have steamed fish (especially in crout) because it is such a dramatic presentation --looks so good. Maybe I'm about steamed fish as Labs is about asparagus in any form. My fish needs to be seared, grilled, sauteed, fried , or baked for me to enjoy it. It is so pretty though!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: A nice twist on fish by Old Bay (The flavors sound so...)
That looks good -- marking this to try soon.