Perfect Popcorn Turkey
  Re: (...)
POPCORN TURKEY RECIPE

Be sure to read this turkey recipe that also includes the use of popcorn as a stuffing to the very end. When I found this, I thought it was perfect for people who are not sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked but not dried out. Give this a try.

8 - 15 lb. turkey
1 cup melted butter
1- 2 cups stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is ok, homemade better)

1 can Swanson's Vegetable Broth
1 cup uncooked popcorn (TRY ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S LOW FAT)
Salt/pepper to taste

(OPTIONAL) Onion, Celery, and Apple - Dice Well - Add to stuffing

Prepare the stuffing according to package directions- use the broth for your liquid.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter, salt, and pepper.
Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn.
Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven.

Listen for the popping sounds. When the turkey's [censored] blows the oven door open and the bird flies across the room, it's done.

And you thought I didn't cook...
Buzz

I have kleptomania,
but when it gets bad,
I take something for it.
  Re: Perfect Popcorn Turkey by buzzard767 (POPCORN TURKEY RECIP...)
That is too funny!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Perfect Popcorn Turkey by Gourmet_Mom (That is too funny!...)
Thanks for the really good laugh!! we're big popcorn eaters here and I was gullible to believe this...

I registered just to say "thanks"!!

I'll be back!
Kelly
  Re: Re: Perfect Popcorn Turkey by kelly2 (Thanks for the reall...)
LOL!

Welcome to the forum, kelly2.

Pretty avatar. Is that Hazel, Bigwig, or Fiver?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Perfect Popcorn Turkey by labradors (LOL![br][br]Welcome ...)
Cute...they are doing the "How do you Iron Chef?" videos again at the Food Network. I don't know if this would be a good one or a video of Holly pushing the microwave buttons...?

Stop back again and again kelly2!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Perfect Popcorn Turkey by firechef (Cute...they are doin...)
Hi Kelly2! Please hang around!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Perfect Popcorn Turkey by Gourmet_Mom (Hi Kelly2! Please h...)
Welcome, Kelly2. You will need to come back often to get rid of that "stranger" label. We are a pretty friendly bunch around here.

Loved the recipe, may have to share that with some friends that just cannot seem to get the timing down on their turkey - think this would solve the problem?

I loved the home made Iron Chef videos - I was trying to get the campground we spend time at during the summer to do an Iron Chef competition. I thought that would be kind of cool - think of the secret ingredients you could work with!