Work News...
  Re: (...)
So after a hectic breakfast short a line cook while I was preparing my weekly Sunday Brunch Buffet I headed back to the office I share with my Executive Chef and took a seat while my very hung-over Sales and Marketing Manager ate. He is a great guy with all sorts of hotel and resort experience. Our paths have crossed in the past so it is neat to be working together nearly two decades later.

Well, anyway, he starts telling me about the stuff he has planned for the place and a couple of upcoming meetings he has. He is thrilled I have been invited back to the Iowa Pork Producers Taste of Elegance Competition and threw me a curve ball telling me about the Iowa Department of Natural Resources' magazine and how they are coming and doing an article and photo shoot with my Chef and I about local fresh water fish and the cooking there of in a high-end hotel kitchen. Not everyday I am told I am going to be making an original recipe for a fish for a magazine. It seems my Chef and I will both be doing a recipe or two and featured in the article and photo shoot. He meets on Monday with the Iowa Chops AHL minor league hockey affiliate of the Anaheim Ducks NHL team to finalize us being the "Official Something-or-nother Hotel" of the Chops and me being the "official team Chef" working with the team strength, conditioning and dietary staff. Get free tickets to the games as well! That makes it worth it to me alone!

After that meeting and a great 40 minute phone call with my Chef this afternoon on the way home from work it seems like it was a good day! Now if we get approved for our new house Monday or Tuesday it will be a great week (even if I am scheduled to work 12 hours on Thanksgiving and will have only the Monday and Tuesdays before and after the Holidays off)!!! Fingers crossed!!!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Work News... by firechef (So after a hectic br...)
I hope it all comes together and happens for you. Long hard road you have towed the line on!!!

Good luck!
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
  Re: Work News... by firechef (So after a hectic br...)
Next, you'll have to do a menu themed around the team:
  • Lamb CHOPS
  • Pork CHOPS
  • Veal CHOPS
  • Elk CHOPS
  • CHOPS Suey
  • etc.
LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Work News... by labradors (Next, you'll have to...)
Cute Rob...the name of the team comes from Iowa being the number one producer of pork in the US.

Thanks Bob. It is finally starting to make sense. My Exec and I might as well be Co-Chefs the way we work together. I figure if this is going to be home for some time to come I might as well do what ever I can to make my Chef's life easier. He is a few years younger and has no family so my goal is to help him reach his dreams and goals. I have had my own place, been an Executive Chef in a "high end" country club, competed in and even won competitions and even teach at the local community college one day a week. If my Chef wants to move on to bigger and better then my job is to make him look good and to back him so he can get there. If he wants to stay at the Hotel Pattee then my job is to be his lead Sous and make him look good just the same.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Work News... by firechef (Cute Rob...the name ...)
Quote:

Cute Rob...the name of the team comes from Iowa being the number one producer of pork in the US.

Then you DEFINITELY need to try the Chuletas Encebolladas, if you can manage to get some Salsa Lizano (which IS available by mail order from some companies in the States).

Well, at least I guess it was better than naming the team the SWINE (or something even worse). LOL!
  Re: Re: Work News... by firechef (Cute Rob...the name ...)
It would help if you read "Dilbert" in the comic section of the paper--one reason I left corporate America. Also pray your boss doesn't join our happy little forum. He can read all the posts. Be well, my friend.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Work News... by Old Bay (It would help if you...)
Quote:

Also pray your boss doesn't join our happy little forum. He can read all the posts.

Maybe he's one of those anonymous visitors.
  Re: Re: Work News... by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Well done, LJ. You know we have your back all the way. And good news on the house - should be a good time to buy. I would think there are lots of bargains out there!
  Re: Re: Work News... by iBcookin (Well done, LJ. You k...)

Way to go Iowa - on the job and house - Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Work News... by mjkcooking ([br]Way to go Iowa -...)
LJ - sounds exciting and exhausting! While I think it's great you're all about helping your exec chef in his career - makes you a model employee... What's he doing for you?