Maple-Pumpkin Custard
  Re: (...)
My sister in law sent this recipe to me, not sure where she got it from. I made it for dessert tonight and we all loved it. I did not chill the custards in the refridgerator, we ate them at room temperature with a little vanilla ice cream instead of whipped cream. I am making more tomorrow.

MAPLE-PUMPKIN CUSTARDS WITH CRYSTALLIZED GINGER

Ingredients
· 1 1/2 cups 1% milk
· 4 large eggs
· 3/4 cup maple syrup (see Ingredient note)
· 3/4 cup canned unseasoned pumpkin puree
· 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 3 tablespoons whipped cream
· 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
Directions
Preheat oven to 325°F. Put a kettle of water on to heat for the water bath. Line a roasting pan with a folded kitchen towel.
Heat milk over low heat in a small saucepan until barely steaming but not boiling.
Whisk eggs and syrup in a large bowl until smooth. Gently whisk in the warm milk (a little bit at a time so the eggs don't cook). Add pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; whisk until blended.
Divide the mixture among six 6-ounce (3/4-cup) custard cups. Skim foam from the surface. Place custard cups in the prepared roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the custard cups. Place the pan in the oven and bake, uncovered, until custards are just set but still quiver in the center when shaken, 45 to 50 minutes. Transfer custards to a wire rack and let cool for 45 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until chilled.
To serve, top each custard with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of crystallized ginger.
Ingredient note: If you can find it, use Grade B dark amber syrup to get the best maple flavor.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Maple-Pumpkin Custard by chef_Tab (My sister in law sen...)
This sounds really good, Theresa. Copied and saved!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Maple-Pumpkin Custard by Gourmet_Mom (This sounds really g...)
All copied and saved. Thanks for sharing Theresa. I have seen this recipe around and if you search the name of it you get the same recipe on SEVERAL different recipe sites so I am assuming it has made its way around the block a time or two...at least now we have it here for a bunch of people to see and try.

Thanks again for sharing!!!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Maple-Pumpkin Custard by firechef (All copied and saved...)
Oh my, does this sound good - I'm going to have to start a MasterCook cookbook just for pumpkin ideas - we've gotten so many lately. Thanks Theresa.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com