Friday Dinner
  Re: (...)
We are having some chili I made and froze. Serving over Hebrew National frankfurters (they answer to a higher power), in buns, topped with Texas sweet onions and shredded extra sharp cheddar. Dill pickles (Claussen) and Fritos on the side. An Old Vine Zin should make Jane and I happy!!She has had a busy day--life is good here too!

What is everybody else doing??
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Friday Dinner by Old Bay (We are having some c...)
That sounds good, Bill! We have various leftovers from the week for tonight. It's time to start clearing the refrigerator to make room for all the Thanksgiving foods.
  Re: Re: Friday Dinner by HomeCulinarian (That sounds good, Bi...)
Sounds great Bill!

Jeanette, I cleaned mine out last weekend, and have done well to not create any "build up" this week.

Last night was the Lasagna Soup...no leftovers...barely got some for lunch today. Tonight was the Italian Sausage and Butternut Squash Soup...glad I don't need lunch for tomorrow...LOL! It's really cold here, so we're lovin' having soups. I think I'll go for a stew tomorrow night!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Friday Dinner by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds great Bill! ...)
Friday dinner??? Ah pickles!!! Here it is 11:00 pm and you have to remind me NOW that I have not had anything to eat since about 7:30 this morning? Since it is still technically Friday at my house I guess dinner is going to be a bowl of frosted flakes along with the pumpkin spice coffee I am sipping...

Worked about 14 hours today and did manage to pick and taste my way through the day so more than likely exceeded my "recommended daily intake" of calories by quite a bit without even having a real meal...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Friday Dinner by firechef (Friday dinner??? Ah...)
How funny Bill - we had almost the identical dinner just a few days ago, only we had some tortilla chips with ours. Great minds and all that.

I'm still working on cleaning out the freezers - found one poor little T-Bone and a bag of prawns (gathering ice crystals... ) topped rice and asparagus with that.

Tried a rub for the steaks (which is unheard of for me - I love good steak unadorned, but) S&P, chili powder, cinnamon, and brown sugar. It was very tasty. Topping it all was a little crema of sour cream and lime juice. Tobin James Ballastic Zin went really well with all the flavors.
[Image: SteakNov21.jpg]

Ended up way too much food - even splitting the steak, so have some nice leftovers.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com