Thursday Dinner - 11/20
  Re: (...)
Well, we're leaving today for a few days in the trailer...our 40th anniversary is Saturday, so that's our present to each other - getting outta town! Don't know what we'll have for dinner, I'll have to wait to see the weather, but the freezer is full, so we can have fun.

I'm taking my laptop, so maybe I'll get some inspiration from you all during the day. Have a good day all!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday Dinner - 11/20 by cjs (Well, we're leaving ...)
I'm almost positive it's going to be the Lo Mein with either shrimp or chicken, since we had meatless last nite. Probbly some form of hot & sour soup too.

Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - 11/20 by farnfam (I'm almost positive ...)

Hi Jean

Happy Anniversary - ours is Friday 38 years.

Enjoy the adventure~!

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - 11/20 by mjkcooking ([br]Hi Jean [br][br]...)
Happy Anniversary Jean and Marye! Wow, what an accomplishment. Hubby and I are working on 28 years.

Dinner tonight is going to be the Spinach-Artichoke soup. I am going to try to make it without all the cream and milk though.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - 11/20 by chef_Tab (Happy Anniversary Je...)
Happy Anniversary, cjs! Our 10th is coming up on 12/12.

My husband is out of town so I think I'm going to order an extra crispy beef taco when I meet a girlfriend for Mexican food and take that and the rice and beans home for dinner.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - 11/20 by Trixxee (Happy Anniversary, c...)
Happy Anniversary to all! Hmm....me and my hubby are only on our sixth year!

I am going to try the "Winter Pork Stew" for dinner tonight. I don't think I've ever had a turnip or a parsnip before....

Did anyone else try the "Cajun Catfish Chowder"? I thought it was simply fabulous!
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - 11/20 by Skeetor (Happy Anniversary to...)
Happy anniversary to everyone! Picky and I are in our 12th year, I think.

Skeetor, you're going to love parsnips and turnips. I can't do a boiled dinner without turnips (so good in red flannel hash) and I roast parsnips and carrots every Thanksgiving. With a little sage, they're fabulous.

Let us know how you liked them!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - 11/20 by Skeetor (Happy Anniversary to...)
Now don't laugh. We're having Louies Wisconsin Bratwurst with Cranberries and Cheese. Yup, they're INSIDE the brats. My daughter and her friends all report that brats of all kinds from Louie's are the worlds best. I'll report back after din din.
Buzz

I have kleptomania,
but when it gets bad,
I take something for it.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - 11/20 by pjcooks (Happy anniversary to...)
Happy Anniversary Jean and Marye! We're working on our 29th year!

Skeetor, I've had the chowder and we really liked it. I looked back at a post on it and saw where I thought it was really spicy...but liked it.

Looking back at the soup thread, I ran across the Italian Sausage and Squash Soup recipe. I had planned to make the Lasagna Soup, but now I'm not so sure. We really like them both so much!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Thursday Dinner - 11/20 by cjs (Well, we're leaving ...)
We had one of my favorites for dinner tonight. Beef Stew....mmmm so good and so easy! I throw everything in the crockpot and let it go all day get some good crusty bread and voila, dinner!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]