Random observations -
  Re: (...)
It's just one of "those" mornings. I spent most of the day yesterday getting started on packing up the kitchen (YIKES). We were expecting an old friend for dinner and football. Jennifer had to work so I planned a dinner that she wouldn't like thinking she wouldn't be here. At 4:30 she calls to inform me that she and a girl friend would be home for dinner and I should fix something NICE.

So there I stand - the easy sausage & spaghetti squash dinner for three is out the window. My counters are piled with the contents of my cupboards and drawers that I'm getting ready to pack - the kitchen's pretty much destroyed.

Oh well. Pulled a chicken out of the freezer, thawed it out, brushed it with olive oil, stuffed it with rosemary and basil fresh from the garden, garlic, and seasoned it with the special garlic seasoning Billy gave me. Threw it in the oven. Jennifer called; they'd be on their way soon - work was dead, she'd only had one customer. I suggested she could make a salad when she got here. She pitched a fit about working and then having to come home and make a salad. I made the salad. I got the water on for the pasta (our friend brought freshly made pesto - and he makes the best!).

The girls got here, (would Bob please turn the hot tub on for them?)and they retired to Jennifer's room to listen to loud rap music and drink beer. I got the pasta done, Bob carved the chicken, we called them to dinner. Oh, they'd eat later!! We ate, said goodnight to our friend, watched some TV and went to bed.

Got up this morning and went to the kitchen to make coffee. Jennifer had cleaned the kitchen (sort of) and put all the stuff I had out to go in boxes away in the cupboards and drawers again. (See Sharon banging her head on the wall!!! and saying things that are NOT polite!)

Moving so seriously sucks! As if the packing and "stuff" weren't bad enough you have to change utilities, move other utilities, forward the mail, and pack.

Soooooo after nearly 12 years with Direct TV I called using the silver "loyal customer" card phone number they sent me. Had to sit through the same nonsense and cr@p that everyone does for 15 minutes. While I'm waiting I'm looking at their website - ooooooh ooooooh! New customers can get the level of service we have for 39.97 for 12 months plus 3 free months of the premium channels. Did I mention that we have been paying about 100.00 a month with one premium channel?.

Well I had to ask - could we get that fantastic deal??? Nope! Only for new customers. But the "Movers connection" would give us some discounts that are almost that good. Yup 16.00 off a month and a free month of one premuim channel! Hmmmmm. I signed us up for service with a company that provides phone, high speed internet, and cable for 130.00 a month!!! Bye Bye Direct TV!!!

So now I am sitting in my office, Jennifer is out hosing off the patio - and grousing to her friends that the floor needs mopping and all the boxes are in the @(#Ming way! I love my daughter - but it is time for Mom to have an empty nest again! Just a few more days , just a few more days, oh shoot - my mantra is slipping. I just know she's secretly planning on moving with us.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Random observations - by Harborwitch (It's just one of "th...)
Uh Sharon...time for a glass of wine, or two, or three. Better yet open a bottle and leave the glasses packed and if anyone goes for your bottle threaten to beat them with it when you finish it. Sounds like you deserve or maybe even need it...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Random observations - by Harborwitch (It's just one of "th...)
Poor Sharon! What a day! Just think happy thoughts...AFTER the move!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Random observations - by Gourmet_Mom (Poor Sharon! What a...)
Sharon switch to Dish Network I like their prices better and you can get a "new customer" setup. Then call DirecTV and tell them they've lost another customer. I hate that crap they pull!

Your Jennifer sounds like Laura...she's home now for a few days for the funeral..but I gotta say..it was very hard at first having her gone, but now...it's been pretty nice

I agree with LJ....open the bottle, insert crazy straw, sip and enjoy
  Re: Re: Random observations - by DFen911 (Sharon switch to Dis...)
ah kids....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Random observations - by cjs (ah kids.......)
Thank you for the suggestion LJ, it's martinis when Bob get's home.

The "blond tornado" just left for work. Hopefully she'll be home late because I'm planning a nice dinner for Bob.

We're going with Charter because we can get the whole thing at a really great rate for a year; unlimited calling plan on the phone, 10mbps internet, and digital cable with DVR. I'm looking forward to the conversation with Direct TV.

Jennifer and I had a discussion the other night - I told her that I was going to miss her. She told me I'd be glad to be rid of her. Then she said she was going to be glad to be rid of me, and that she was going to miss me too. Can't live with 'em and can't live without 'em!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Random observations - by Harborwitch (Thank you for the su...)
Quote:

Can't live with 'em and can't live without 'em!

You got that right!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.