Sunday Dinner
  Re: (...)
We had King Ranch Chicken and guacamole with a tempranello from Comaraderie in Washington--try the combination Jean and Roy. Really works--similar to matching with paella.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Sunday Dinner by Old Bay (We had King Ranch Ch...)
Since I dared Daphne to ask what I made tonight over in last nights thread I guess I'll post it here...with a respiratory bug that just will not let go and a quite high fever I went totally up scale after skipping out of work early today. Y'all ready for this gourmet masterpiece???

A box of mac & cheese and a package of turkey franks!!!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner by firechef (Since I dared Daphne...)
Chuletas Encebolladas
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner by labradors ([url=http://www.foru...)
Good grief LJ! Poor thing! I fixed the Guiness Pot Roast with mashers and peas. I almost didn't get the meat out of the pot. It took a slotted spoon and even then it fell apart into 3 pieces. MMMMMM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner by Gourmet_Mom (Good grief LJ! Poor...)
Beef stew (cooked in almost a whole bottle of red wine) with carrots, rutabaga, parsnips, onions, mushrooms, peas and the fluffiest cloud-like parsley dumplings I've ever made! It was like eating a big ol' hug!

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner by Harborwitch (Beef stew (cooked in...)
Quote:

Beef stew (cooked in almost a whole bottle of red wine) with carrots, rutabaga, parsnips, onions, mushrooms, peas and the fluffiest cloud-like parsley dumplings I've ever made! It was like eating a big ol' hug!

How poetic--I can almost feel the hug!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Awwwwwwwww! Somethings are just "that" comforting.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner by Harborwitch (Awwwwwwwww! Somethi...)
Oh Bill, that does sound good!! We finished the Passport wine tasting weekend in Port Townsend yesterday and bought a Lost Mountain Winery Barbera '05 - wasn't a really good drinking wine, but I served it with Butternut Squash Penne al Burro and I could not have asked for a better pairing. Just delicious!

I made King Ranch chicken one time years ago - can't remember what all was in it.... hmmm, good with the Tempranillo, tho, huh??

Labs, I don't even remember that thread - so obviously I didn't follow thru with ordering the sauce. darn. I've copied it all again and we'll see how I do this time. Sounds fun...and delicous.

Everyone's dinner sounds so good - even LJ's hot dogs...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner by Old Bay (We had King Ranch Ch...)
Hi,
It's nice food for dinner.In my house no one can cook this recipe.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner by johnpoll (Hi,[br] It's...)
Welcome Johnpoll! Glad you could join us. I didn't make it either... BIL wanted a Pork Noodle casserole, so that's what he got.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy