Lost coq au vin email with instructions....help
  Re: (...)
Help! I deleted my email with the coq au vin recipe in it and I've heard it is really really good. Can someone post it? I'd appreciate it very much.
  Re: Lost coq au vin email with instructions....help by kixx (Help! I deleted my ...)
Welcome to the forum! If it's the one from the weekly recipes, THIS is the link.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Lost coq au vin email with instructions....hel by labradors (Welcome to the forum...)
You rock. That was it. And such a quick response. My dinner plans thank you!
  Re: Re: Lost coq au vin email with instructions....hel by labradors (Welcome to the forum...)
If it's the one from Soups, Stews, and Chilies, here that one is. I've made this one and it's very good. I didn't check to see how the two versions compare...so you get to pick.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Coq au Vin

Recipe By :Cuisine at Home
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
4 thick-sliced bacon -- diced
1 chicken -- cut into 8 pieces
2 cups leeks -- sliced
1 1/2 cups baby carrots
1/2 pound button mushroom
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon garlic -- minced
1/2 cup brandy
2 cups dry white wine
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup pearl onions
4 sprigs fresh thyme
1/2 stick butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

Saute bacon in a dutch oven or large pot over medium heat until crisp; transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Pour off all but 1 T drippings, increase heat to medium-high, brown chicken in batches; transfer to a plate. Pour off all but 1 T drippings and reduce heat to medium.

Sweat leeks, carrots, and mushrooms, in drippings until leeks are soft, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomato paste and garlic; cook 2 minutes.

Off heat, deglaze with brandy, then return pot to burner and simmer until nearly evaporated. Add reserved chicken, wine, broth, onion, and thyme. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, 20 minutes. Mash butter and flour in a bowl, stir into stew, and simmer until thickened. Remove thyme before serving. Garnish serving with reserved bacon.

Source:
"Soups, Stews, and Chilies; page 71"
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Lost coq au vin email with instructions....hel by Gourmet_Mom (If it's the one from...)
Thanks a million. I've been saved. Thanks for answering.
  Re: Re: Lost coq au vin email with instructions....hel by kixx (You rock. That was ...)
Quote:

You rock. That was it. And such a quick response. My dinner plans thank you!

LOL! Just happened to check for new messages at the right time, and still had the link in my RSS. Glad to help.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Lost coq au vin email with instructions....hel by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'm sorry, I forgot to welcome you kixx! It's so nice when new members ask for help and let us know they got what they needed, so thanks for the reply!

It's even better when new members hang around and join the fun! We're a small group, but we have a good time trying out new recipe and sharing! I hope you'll come back soon and often!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Lost coq au vin email with instructions....hel by Gourmet_Mom (I'm sorry, I forgot ...)
Bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon...

"There's nothing better than bacon cooked in butter..."

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Lost coq au vin email with instructions....hel by BarbaraS (Bacon, bacon, bacon,...)
You know, I didn't check the ingredients in the two, Barbara. I would DEFINITELY go with the one I posted....It's got BACON!!!!! Even with just 4 slices, you could really tell it was in there. (I think I used more than 4.) I also hogged more than my share of crumbles for my plate.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Lost coq au vin email with instructions....hel by Gourmet_Mom (You know, I didn't c...)
This is a good recipe! It's on our A list. And, adding my welcome to you, kixx!