Kudos to Rachael Ray
  Re: (...)
This Food Network star made 33 couples from the Houston area very happy over the weekend. They had lost between $9000. and $15,000 each, in deposits when a wedding venue and catering company went bankrupt after hurricane Ike. She paid for everything including the catering and entertainment. She will telecast the event as part of her show at some point, as she should. Well done, Rachael!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Kudos to Rachael Ray by Old Bay (This Food Network st...)
Wow, good for her!! I like someone who does something like this with their fame and fortune!!

How you doin' Bill? you and Jane. Next weekend is Passport wine weekend locally. Camaraderie is offering Paella with their Tempranillo - yum! wish you two were here!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Kudos to Rachael Ray by cjs (Wow, good for her!! ...)
We're doing great--just celebrated our 19th anniversery!! Wish we could be there to share the wine with you and Roy!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Kudos to Rachael Ray by Old Bay (We're doing great--j...)
Our 40th is in two weeks - Nov. 22nd.

Congratulations to you both!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Kudos to Rachael Ray by cjs (Our 40th is in two w...)
Good for Rachel Ray. She does a lot of really neat things for people - but so many only see her as "over-exposed" and too perky (okay sometimes I'll agree there) - but you can't argue with success.

Just did our 17th 2 weeks ago - Happy Anniversary to all of us!

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Kudos to Rachael Ray by Old Bay (This Food Network st...)
Given that her mentor is Oprah, it doesn't come as a big surprise that she did it. But, that aside, and putting aside the fact that I really dislike watching her, good for her. She did something to help others, which she didn't have to do. I like seeing that.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Kudos to Rachael Ray by Lorraine (Given that her mento...)
I agree that she's annoying, but agree with all of you...what a great gift!

OT and really kinda nasty considering the topic, but I thought it was SOOOO funny! Did anybody get an email about a drinking game to play while watching one of her shows...quite funny when you think of the number of times she says "Yumm-O and EVOO, just to name a few!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Kudos to Rachael Ray by Gourmet_Mom (I agree that she's a...)
Are you talking about the game I forwarded to you???

I can't stand her but it is good to see someone making money in the pet food market (that hasn't been hit with a recall) do good for others!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Kudos to Rachael Ray by firechef (Are you talking abou...)
YUP! I laughed until I cried on that one! I thought it was you!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Kudos to Rachael Ray by firechef (Are you talking abou...)
Quote:

I can't stand her but it is good to see someone making money in the pet food market (that hasn't been hit with a recall) do good for others!

Chef,

What line of food are we talking about? Cats/Dogs?

I got lucky in that scare that the foods that were listed weren't ones I was buying - Science Diet wet and dry and Iams wet food. But we lost our oldest last December to kidney disease, anyway. He was 17, had a heart murmur all his life, and had bad teeth, but manageable.

Right now Spike and Allie Kat get Wellness (wet) and Natural Balance (wet). The dry food I give them is Science Diet weight control that I get from the Vet directly.

Cats are people too!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.