Mascarpone Question
  Re: (...)
While typing in the Tiramisu Torta, I discovered it calls for tiramisu flavored mascarpone. Has anyone ever found this online anywhere? Does anyone have an ideas for how to imitate it? Espresso, coffee flavored liquor...?

And thanks a lot you guys...when I went to igourmet to see if they had it, I fell into the cheese section and "died"! I found part of William's Christmas! That place is dangerous! I really OUGHT to run far, run fast!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Mascarpone Question by Gourmet_Mom (While typing in the ...)
Daphne - Try Here
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Mascarpone Question by Gourmet_Mom (While typing in the ...)
I'd try flavoring it with Kahlua

I get us a cheese box every Christmas from igourmet, Daphne. Sometime try their Raclette - died and gone to heaven!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mascarpone Question by esgunn (Daphne - Try [url=h...)
Quote:

Daphne - Try Here

That company sells mozzarella cheese pre-sliced! I used it in that lasagna recipe!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Mascarpone Question by cjs (I'd try flavoring it...)
Thanks Jean. I may try that instead of ordering, unless I can still add it to my current book order. Thanks Erin! How did you find that? I tried googling and didn't come close...LOL!

Jean, you're not helping here! I've still got the site open.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Mascarpone Question by cjs (I'd try flavoring it...)
When my mom and I were in Switzerland years ago - we went to Gruyere and we went to a cheese factory and to lunch at a little restaurant - it was the first time I had raclette. Oh, how yummy!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Mascarpone Question by esgunn (When my mom and I we...)
"Switzerland years ago - we went to Gruyere "
Now that sounds like a great time. Raclette has been very popular in Quebec for probably 25 years.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Mascarpone Question by Lorraine ("Switzerland years a...)
Oh Erin, I think it is one of my favorites and so much fun to serve!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com