Enjoy the moment...
  Re: (...)
Ok so once again the sorrows of another remind me to tell each of you how much I cherish you.

Our dear friends just found out she has pancreatic cancer. At the stage she's in it is inoperable.

Derek and I are always thankful for the things we get to do. So I just want to remind everyone...turn to the one you love and tell them so. Call your siblings, your parents whomever and tell them so.

You guys mean the world to me. Even though we have never met I know that you are there, to encourage, support, make me laugh and inspire. Thank you!
  Re: Enjoy the moment... by DFen911 (Ok so once again the...)
Oh Denise, I am so very sorry about your friend.

I say a gratitude prayer at the very least once a day, and everyone here is always included as part of our family - and as dearly loved friends. There is so much to be thankful for - being alive and having people to love is the best! I'll include her in my prayers tonight.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Oh, Denise, I am so sorry about your friend. You and Sharon are right. I, too, appreciate and enjoy each and every one of you. It's so nice you're all out there, and I'm thankful for all of you.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Enjoy the moment... by pjcooks (Oh, Denise, I am so ...)
Sorry to hear this. Prayers on the way!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Enjoy the moment... by labradors (Sorry to hear this. ...)
Oh my, I guess the tenderness is still there, this news brought tears. You are all in for some tough days ahead. darn
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Enjoy the moment... by cjs (Oh my, I guess the t...)
So sorry to hear this, Denise. Hoping for a miracle and thankful also to be part of this group.

Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
Can she take Chemo? I think remarkable strides have been made in that area. We met a man inHouston who was a five year survivor!!You have my sympathy
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Enjoy the moment... by Old Bay (Can she take Chemo? ...)
I am so sorry to hear this Denise. Sadly, that is what my MIL had. The one good thing about it, her loss pushed my husband to start getting regular checkups. If it had not been for those checkups, his brain tumor/surgery may have turned out quite differently. Prayers for the tough road ahead for your family and your friend's family.

I too cherish you all. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you all in my lives. Like Sharon, I ALWAYS ask that my cyber-family is touched, guided, and protected with every prayer. As for family and RL friends, I make a point to say I love you at every opportunity and cherish every moment we have together.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Enjoy the moment... by Gourmet_Mom (I am so sorry to hea...)
Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes, it really does help

I wish that she could do chemo. Her tumor is so large they can't even safely operate, and it's too much for chemo to handle. She and I are the same age too. She has a son, Matt, who is 32, but is mentally challenged. He's basically 8 years old. She's more concerned about him as any mother would be.

Makes me wonder yet again...is it best to go suddenly or over time. At least this way she can make sure to ensure he's taken care of the way she does.
  Re: Re: Enjoy the moment... by DFen911 (Thank you all for yo...)
Denise, that question really does make a person stop and think...I think I could handle knowing about myself, but I don't know if I could handle knowing about a loved one. With you in her corner, she's a lucky friend.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com