Another New Cookbook
  Re: (...)
I was at the bookstore looking for something to read, and as always I swung by the cookbooks. They had a "Larousse Treasury of Country Cooking" for $4. It has country cooking from 50 different countries. So far I have only made it through the Appetizer section. As I was browsing I'd see a recipe and think, "Jean would like that; Oh, Sharon would like that; Oh my niece Dione would like that!" Now you see why I'm only part way through the appetizers. I'll let you know about the book as I make my way through it
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Another New Cookbook by bjcotton (I was at the booksto...)
Billy, that sounds really interesting! I can't wait to hear more. I don't do much international cooking, but I sure do like to look. And sometimes the combo of flavors sounds good enough to try.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Another New Cookbook by Gourmet_Mom (Billy, that sounds r...)
We absolutely love "International" eating. Luckily for me Bob is an adventurous eater. We have determined that we are going to play with more French cooking!

Daphne if you are looking for inspiration for cooking around the world try to find "The Beautiful Cookbook" series. We've got the whole set; France, Italy, China, Asia, Thailand, Australia, Mexico, Tuscany, Italy Today, Provence, The Mediterranean, America, The South, The Southwest, The Pacific Northwest, Texas, and California. They're beautiful "coffee table" books - and great sources of recipes and info.

So many recipes So little time
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Another New Cookbook by Harborwitch (We absolutely love "...)
Oh, yea, I remember noting some of you mentioning these in a post recently. It could have been an old post though, so thanks for bringing it up. I'll add that to the wish list! William has been eating Thai a lot lately at a local Thai place in Southport. He even raved about a soup he thinks had ginger and green or red curry in it. I'll have to look into it further so some of you can help me with the recipe. Thanks Sharon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Another New Cookbook by Harborwitch (We absolutely love "...)
Thanks for the reminder, Sharon. It sounds like you have a great collection. I would be particularly interested on the one from Tuscany.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Another New Cookbook by Mare749 (Thanks for the remin...)
Sounds like an interesting book, Billy. Maryann, I'll watch for the Tuscan one at the book fair in VA in January. We got several of that series for about $8.00.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Another New Cookbook by Lorraine (Sounds like an inter...)
I have a number of the 'Beautiful' books also and love them. Mine from Italy isn't specifically 'Tuscan,' its title is "Italy Today, The Beautiful Cookbook" and includes all the provinces I think.

Cis, you talking about the meatballs, the recipe for 'meat patties' in this book are just wonderful! They are called "Polpette al Vino Rosso" And the pictures are breath taking.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Another New Cookbook by cjs (I have a number of t...)
Jean there are 3 Italian books - and the food from all of them is fantastic. Italy Today is lighter fare. I just checked - there's one book I don't have and it's over 50 bucks! Not happening while we're moving!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Another New Cookbook by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, yea, I remember ...)
Daphne, You should ask him if he has tried Tom Kha Kai. OH, MY! That soup is soooo good. It is chicken, coconut milk, ginger and lemon grass, among other things. The flavors just dance in your mouth!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Another New Cookbook by cjs (I have a number of t...)
Beautiful Cookbooks - I have Texas and the Pacific Northwest, and I gave my MIL the Mexico one. I would love to have the Tuscan one. Well, and the chinese, thai, and...
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.