Issue #72
  Re: (...)
Oh, what a beautiful cover!! I can't wait to make some of the "goodies" in this issue - great things to tuck into Christmas tins for co-workers of daughter and daughter-in-law - I'll have to put this one down until I have my lunch!!
  Re: Issue #72 by (Oh, what a beautiful...)
What! Were is mine! Better go check my mail!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Issue #72 by luvnit (What! Were is mine!...)
OH, BOTHER! I probably won't get mine for another week! ARGGGG! How can this be, when I live north of you Sonja!?!?!? No fair!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Issue #72 by Gourmet_Mom (OH, BOTHER! I proba...)
I live less than two hours from the publishers and I am normally one of the LAST to get an issue as well! I work 37 miles or so from their offices!!!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Issue #72 by firechef (I live less than two...)
Shoot -I just lost a long post! One thing I wanted to mention and give Joy credit for is the magazine is now putting the names of recipe developers with the articles - that has always bugged me that they didn't. I like to get to know the cooks whose recipe I especially like.

Anyway, I was also only whining about not being a baker/pastry person so there are not as many dishes I want to make in this issue.

But a couple did jump out at me - I'm thinking I'm going to like this Haley J.Wilson..... Moroccan Short ribs (hers)

and Susan Hoss' Asian Chix rolls and Creamy Brie Dip (with artichokkes & crab)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Issue #72 by cjs (Shoot -I just lost a...)
Quote:

Anyway, I was also only whining about not being a baker/pastry person so there are not as many dishes I want to make in this issue.

I'm not much on baking either, so I guess I'll be out on this one also. I'll wait and see. I did notice she was the editor for the Soups, Stews, and Chilies "book", so maybe it's just that it's an issue for the holidays. We'll see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Jean, the Overnite French Toast is really a modification of your French Toast with 18 hr bread.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Issue #72 by Old Bay (Jean, the Overnite F...)
Creamy Brie with artichokes and crab sounds wonderful. Hint,hint.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
Quote:

Sounds like I'm going to like this issue

I finally flipped through the re-issue of Holiday Cookies at the store the other day and didn't buy it. Too many recipes that were too close to stuff I already do. Decided to save the money and get the Soups special when it rolls around again.

I wonder where mine is, usually I get it fairly early but as LJ said, there's no rhyme or reason.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Issue #72 by Gourmet_Mom (OH, BOTHER! I proba...)
I don't have a clue, Daphne - this is the earliest I have ever gotten mine!!