Dinner Saturday 10/25??
  Re: (...)
What are you all up to?

I cooked enough for an army a couple of days ago, so we're working on the leftovers of Hungarian Goulash, Butternut & Onions, a new Pork Belly dish (we haven't tasted yet).

I wanted a few days to just concentrate on the darn book!!! - hopefully I can really finish it and get going with selling it on line in time for Christmas....I hope, I hope, I hope!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Saturday 10/25?? by cjs (What are you all up ...)
Looks like we'll be going in to the big town to get supplies. There's a new "take out" place that does sushi. Hard to believe it in the great white north. We'll probbly stop and get some.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
We had the "portobello pizza" last nite with abottle of Gabbiano Chianti, roasted red bells with Per me oil, and a Boston lettuce and tomato salad--redundant color but very tasty!! We're still thinking about tonight.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Dinner Saturday 10/25?? by Old Bay (We had the "portobel...)
Sounds so good. Gabbiano Chianti is one of our favorites. Bob came home with all the stuff for spaghetti and meat balls with Italian sausage, a nice baguette, and stuff for a romaine salad - and a bottle, forgot the brand, of chianti.

Tonight I'm going to riff that Sausage and butternut soup - but I have Chipotle sausages. Sounds like a really good combination to me.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner Saturday 10/25?? by Harborwitch (Sounds so good. Gabb...)
I'm still working on my menu. I think it may be some sort of pizza.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
We're having rigatoni with Italian sausage, sweet peppers and basil tomato sauce, a salad and some garlic bread - I am thinking about making a coconut cream pie
  Re: Re: Dinner Saturday 10/25?? by (We're having rigaton...)
Just got home from work (parents weekend at the University and I've fed enough people, I'm thinking) so I'm just throwing some filets on the grill, with the quick Port sauce from the latest issue, green beans and baby peas and rolls.

Dessert is a whoopie pie I brought home from work.

Wish I had more ambition to cook something interesting

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Dinner Saturday 10/25?? by pjcooks (Just got home from w...)
I'm going to try the Coq au Vin from Soups book.
  Re: Re: Dinner Saturday 10/25?? by pjcooks (Just got home from w...)
I bought a whoopie pie in Maine last summer and it was one of the best things I've had. I'm jealous.
Shannon
  Re: Re: Dinner Saturday 10/25?? by Dismc (I bought a whoopie p...)
HC, I'll be interested in what you think of the Coq au Vin.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.