One More Pumpkin Recipe (or Butternut ) sigh
  Re: (...)
I've been working with pumpkin and squash (butternut) so much lately, I'm going bonkers. sorry.

Here's a great side dish using roasted butternut squash and onions and sage...I made it early today for dinner - hope there is some left by then. (another one that's like eating candy)
[Image: RoastedButternutOnions.jpg]
I cheated a little and sprinkled some Parm over the top.
* Exported from MasterCook *

Roasted Butternut Squash with Sage and Cranberries

1 medium butternut squash
4 tablespoons olive oil* -- divided
Sea salt and ground pepper
2 medium onions
2 tablespoons chopped sage
4 tablespoons dried cranberries or cherries

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Peel squash and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds from the center and discard. Cut squash into large chunks. Coat with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until well caramelized.

Peel onions and cut into large chunks. Coat with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and spread on a second lined baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until well caramelized. When squash and onions are done, toss with sage and cranberries. Serve immediately.

Description:
"Roasted squash embodies the essence of winter meals, caramelized onions add a piquant touch, and fresh sage and dried cranberries dress it up for the holidays. A versatile side dish that complements anything from a weekday family dinner to a lavish holiday" I think I got this from a Whole Foods newsletter.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: One More Pumpkin Recipe (or Butternut ) sigh by cjs (I've been working wi...)
Quote:

One More Pumpkin Recipe

Promise? LOL!

Just kidding. Keep 'em coming - even more so the ones for butternut squash! YUM!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: One More Pumpkin Recipe (or Butternut ) sigh by cjs (I've been working wi...)
I can taste it just looking at it. Thank you, m'am, what a pretty dish!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: One More Pumpkin Recipe by pjcooks (I can taste it just ...)
geez, I'm really losing it -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: One More Pumpkin Recipe by cjs (geez, I'm really los...)
Where did you lose it? Maybe I can help you find it. Thanks for the recipe, it looks delicious.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: One More Pumpkin Recipe by bjcotton (Where did you lose i...)
FOUL! Do you think I can work the al Burro AND this in a week? Maybe if I spread it out, they won't notice.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Jean that looks so good. Now I have to figure out what to make with my squash - soup or that??????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: One More Pumpkin Recipe (or Butternut ) sigh by Harborwitch (Jean that looks so g...)
Ok not to mention the dish looks fantastic! But Jean you have THE cutest serving dishes. Heavens each dish you photograph the plating is wonderful. I want to raid your cabinets hahaha!

Of course that's after I eat everything off the plate, dish, platter first
  Re: Re: One More Pumpkin Recipe (or Butternut ) sigh by DFen911 (Ok not to mention th...)
I'm a sucker for pottery and serving dishes.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, I made this for dinner last night and it was great. Will become one of my go tos now. I served it with breaded pork chops with milk gravy. I know, I know but it was a Cooking Light recipe and was really good if anyone is interested.
Shannon