We've REALLY got a house now!
  Re: (...)
This has been truly a learning experience for me. I didn't realize that people could be so freakin' rude, inconsiderate, bull cr@p slinging jerks. "Sure the house is yours! I'll send you the contract!" NO! And no response to our inquiries. We looked at absolute dumps that reeked of cat pee, wonderful charming places where we thought the deal was done (twice) only to find that they were looking for someone NOT US! No pets, no this, no that, must have platinum credit cards, outright lies. I was nearly ready to pitch a tent rather than continue down a trail of disillusionment and lack of common courtesy. I was amazed by the scams out there, the flakes depicting dumps in industrial zones as darn near palatial! The rental market is on it's ear and really screwed up. Okay - done ranting.

We found a 1200 sq ft house in a really wonderful neighborhood about 30 minutes from here, 2 car garage, nice backyard - virgin ground with just grass and a nice sized covered patio. The kitchen/living & dining area is wonderful. Lots of counter space (not as much as here - but very nice)and cupboards. The master bedroom & bath are really nice - the room I'll use for my office/workout room is small but cute. We'll have a guest room - may have to repaint, it's very very lavender! It's in a small town - rural, lots of farms, ranches & orchards. Can't have chickens, but we can plant fruit trees and have a garden!

We move in around the 15th. I can't wait! Whoooohoooo! Oh, and I get to have my wonderful gas stove - none of this electric stuff!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: We've REALLY got a house now! by Harborwitch (This has been truly ...)
Good for you and Bob, Sharon. I didn't realize how much crap you'd gone thru. Now I'm glad to hear it's all settled
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: We've REALLY got a house now! by Harborwitch (This has been truly ...)
Gas?!!! Count your blessings!! 1200 sq ft--in California??!! Sign a long term lease!!! (If you want to stay there.) You would like Texas--our wine is probably no more expensive--Ravenswood Zin is about $8 and the Lodi is about $18. Come see us!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: We've REALLY got a house now! by Old Bay (Gas?!!! Count your b...)
They want LONG term tenants. 1200 is small now, we're in 1760 right now and 2500 is common.

I'd love to come visit! Gotta quit migrating (moving) for a while first - it eats up vacation time!

Re: Re: We've REALLY got a house now! by Harborwitch (They want LONG term ...)
Sharon, I'm so happy for you. I know it's small, but you'll adjust. You guys had already made that decision. But you got your gas!!!!! And a garden and fruit trees in your future! YIPPEEEE!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: We've REALLY got a house now! by Gourmet_Mom (Sharon, I'm so happy...)
Oh Sharon what an ordeal you and Bob have been thru!!! Gads The only silver lining is look what you got Get us some pics as soon as you can. I sense a garden going in soon.
  Re: Re: We've REALLY got a house now! by DFen911 (Oh Sharon what an or...)
As soon as we can we'll get pix up. Now for the really funny part - the guy that really jerked my chain called this afternoon - some guy wanted the house - willing to pay 300.oo more per month than the advertised price cash NOW. Well the owner wanted to know if we could go 200 higher - told him no - could we go 100 higher - NO!!! Jerk.

I spent 8 years renting slips - if someone offers you that much more than the going rate, wants to give you CASH - NOW, and there are lots of rentals in his price range there's something WRONG!

Oh well, I'm a happy camper!
  Re: Re: We've REALLY got a house now! by Harborwitch (As soon as we can we...)
Glad it's working out for you, Sharon, at last. Lots of jerks out there, aren't there? Yay for you- a gas stove!

"Oh, Lord, I'm stuck in Lodi again..." Sorry, couldn't resist, Bill, I absolutely love Lodi reds. Luckily, our state liquour stores carry them.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: We've REALLY got a house now! by pjcooks (Glad it's working ou...)
Sounds great, Sharon! I'm so glad you found a house that you are happy with. It sounds like good rentals are hard to come by out there. Quite the opposite here. Plenty of rentals, hard to find a good tenant. When I get one, I cherish them! Hope your new landlord treats you right and that you and Bob and the puggies can settle in for a good long time.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: We've REALLY got a house now! by Mare749 (Sounds great, Sharon...)
Great news, Sharon! I know having the gas stove will make all the difference to you. Now I know why you have been AWOL for a few days. I know it was only a couple of days, but I missed you. The place sounds so nice and peaceful. And what a bonus if you can stay put a while.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!