Fast Weeknight Meal Idea
  Re: (...)
Now I know we can't all cook gourmet every night and some nights are rushed. I stumbled on this recipe in my binder today and thought I'd pass it on. I've done it with chicken as well and then subbed a chicken flavored ramen package. I was really surprised at how good it was. My husband ate every bit of his.

Easy Asian Beef & Noodles

Ingredients
1 (8-ounce) rib-eye steak
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil, divided
1 cup (1-inch) sliced green onions
2 cups prepackaged coleslaw
2 (2.8-ounce) packages beef-flavor ramen noodle soup
1 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce

Preparation
Trim fat from steak; cut diagonally across grain into thin slices. Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Remove steak mixture from pan; keep warm. Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil until hot. Add slaw; stir-fry 30 seconds. Remove slaw from pan; keep warm.

Remove noodles from packages; reserve 1 seasoning packet for another use. Add the water and remaining seasoning packet to pan; bring to a boil. Break noodles in half; add noodles to water mixture. Cook noodles 2 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently. Stir in steak mixture, slaw, and soy sauce; cook until thoroughly heated.

Serves 2.
  Re: Fast Weeknight Meal Idea by Trixxee (Now I know we can't ...)
Trixxee, you've made my day! My crowd would LOVE this! I now have dinner for Monday night! I think the boys can actually make this...I've got to work the fall carnival that night! I'd much prefer them to have this over take-out! THANKS!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Fast Weeknight Meal Idea by Gourmet_Mom (Trixxee, you've made...)
duly copied - sounds very good and fast.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fast Weeknight Meal Idea by cjs (duly copied - sounds...)
Oh good - I love making someone's day!
  Re: Re: Fast Weeknight Meal Idea by Trixxee (Oh good - I love mak...)
a gold star or two for your forehead!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fast Weeknight Meal Idea by cjs (a gold star or two f...)
Trixxee, please see my last post on the "Review Hungarian Goulash."
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Fast Weeknight Meal Idea by bjcotton (Trixxee, please see ...)
Billy - you make me smile.
  Re: Fast Weeknight Meal Idea by Trixxee (Now I know we can't ...)
Frying prepared cole slaw???

Interesting...

I just wish my hubby would get over his "ewwies" about asian food.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Fast Weeknight Meal Idea by BarbaraS (Frying prepared cole...)
Barbara, just so you are clear, I am fairly sure it is not "prepared" coleslaw, with dressing. Just the shredded cabbage and carrots in the bag. But maybe Trixxee will clarify.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Fast Weeknight Meal Idea by chef_Tab (Barbara, just so you...)
Was just coming to post. Yes - pre-shredded coleslaw mix. Nothing added to it. Or you could thinly slice your own cabbage if so inclined.