Cooking for Royalty
  Re: (...)
I had the pleasure of preparing dinner for one of our own tonight! Linda and her daughter Chelsea made it to little tiny Perry, Iowa and the Hotel Pattee tonight and dined in our restaurant. Not only did I get to prepare their meals I got to stop out and meet them as well! My "acting Executive Chef" came out and said hi and talked to them as well.

They are wonderful people and it is pretty nice to be able to put faces to names. It is a shame I had to work as I was originally scheduled the day shift which would have given me more time with them. Unfortunately Kambree ended up back in the hospital on Monday afternoon and was not released until Tuesday afternoon.

I guess they are off to Mount Rushmore in the morning...I'll let them give their point of view when they get the chance.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Cooking for Royalty by firechef (I had the pleasure o...)
AW!!!! So the road trip has begun! At least you got to see them and fix their dinner. So Linda...what did you think? (Does anybody know if she was taking a laptop with her?)

What's up with Kambree?

And what came of dinner last night with the BIG BOYS?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cooking for Royalty by Gourmet_Mom (AW!!!! So the road ...)
They mentioned having the computer with them...I think they are doing breakfast at the hotel in the morning as well.

Due to Kambree getting sick I didn't get to do Monday's dinner for the World Food Prize organization. I did get an introduction to about 15 people on Sunday night including meeting the 2008 Nobel Prize for Food and Agriculture recipients, former United States Senators Bob Dole and George McGovern after preparing their meals. They were all still seated when I was introduced and each one of them got up from the table one at a time as I was "presented" to them and greeted me individually. Then before I left the room they were eating in they all stood, toasted me, thanked me and applauded. Talk about a class act! I met all 12 of the "selection" committee as well. It was quite an honour. Then to go in "special" tonight and have Linda and Chelsea come in was yet another honour! Quite the week I'd say!!!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Cooking for Royalty by firechef (They mentioned havin...)
Well done, my boy, well done!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Cooking for Royalty by firechef (I had the pleasure o...)
I was wondering how everything went, LJ. Good for you, an honor well deserved!

How is Kambree doing now? It must have been fun to meet Linda and Chelsea.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Cooking for Royalty by pjcooks (I was wondering how ...)
Those are some highs and lows this week! Meeting interesting people, having your work receive acclaim, and hospital stays for your baby! Hope that Kambree is back to good health now.
  Re: Re: Cooking for Royalty by HomeCulinarian (Those are some highs...)
What a rollercoaster week.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cooking for Royalty by cjs (What a rollercoaster...)
The highlight of the week has been meeting Linda and Chelsea...the high-end types from Sunday night were okay but were more or less just like the types I dealt with in years past.
  Re: Re: Cooking for Royalty by firechef (The highlight of the...)
Hey guys . . . finally!!! We got back to the room and was going to post on our fab meal but Chels can't seem to get her laptop to log into any wireless. Poop!!! I really hate technology sometimes!!

Dang near licked the plates. The waiter kept checking on us, but we were busy consuming every last bite and then finished with desserts. The meals were some of the best I have ever had. But even better was the pleasure of spending a few minutes with LJ. Made the whole trip worth while! The only bummer was that with Kambree being sick, Daddy forgot all the pictures!

The hotel he is working at is absolutely beautiful. The bathroom was four times the size of mine at home. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit!

Did the Rushmore tourist thing today and are headed up Montana way tomorrow to spend the night with my brother-in-law. After that . . . Yellowstone and Tetons as we make our way south. The highlight today was the wild donkey sticking his head in Chelsea's new car as we fed him leftovers. Okay, I was feeding leftovers from the passenger side, Chels was having a bird because this thing was half in her car and she was afraid he was going to leave donkey snarks in her car.

Many thanks again for the "royal" treatment, LJ! Hoping that Kambree is recovering and that things are getting back to as normal as possible.
  Re: Re: Cooking for Royalty by iBcookin (Hey guys . . . final...)
Spew! "Donkey snarks" I love it.

Now have you girls been taking pictures? Sounds like the dinner was amazing! What did you have?????

Depending on when you get in this neighborhood holler, I'll pm you our numbers - and hopefully we can get together at least for a "cuppa". We're moving around the 15th, so let us know!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!