Old Cuisine at Home recipe
  Re: (...)
HELP!!
I am trying to find a recipe from an old Cuisine probably from 2006 using squash or sweet potatoes as the main ingredient. They are peeled and cubed, sauted and then spices such as garlic, ginger, I think curry powder are then added and continued to be sauted. It's a wonderful side dish and was used as a side dish in the magazine.
Please, if anyone can find it in an old addition would you please email or post it. I want to use it for Thanksgiving cause my sister in law is vegetarian.
  Re: Old Cuisine at Home recipe by gbuwfan (HELP!![br]I am tryin...)
Is it Curried Sweet Potato Soup?

1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup carrot, diced
1/4 cup celery, diced
1 T. fresh ginger, minced
1 bay leaf
Pinch of red pepper flakes
2 T. vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups sweet potato, peeled, cubed
1 t. curry powder
1/4 cup dry white wine
4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup canned, diced tomatoes, drained
1/4 cup brown lentils
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt to taste
plain yogurt or sour cream

SAUTE onion, carrot, celery, ginger, bay leaf, and pepper flakes in oil in a pot over medium-high heat until soft, 8-10 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and curry powder; suate 1 minute

DEGLAZE WITH wine; simmer until almost evaporated, then stir in broth, tomatoes, and lentils. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until lentils and sweet potatoes are tender, 25-20 minutes.

OFF HEAT, stir in 2 T. cilantro, lemon juice, and salt. Garnish each serving of soup with a dollop of yogurt or sour cream and some of the remaining cilantro.

HTH.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Old Cuisine at Home recipe by BarbaraS (Is it Curried Sweet ...)
Doesn't sound familiar - wish we could help more, but without more to go on. I searched "squash" and "curry" and got nothing.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Old Cuisine at Home recipe by BarbaraS (Is it Curried Sweet ...)
Hi,
Thanks for the try. It's not a soup. The sweet potato is sauted then spices are added and everything is mixed together. I am just not sure exactly what spices and quantity.

Pam
  Re: Re: Old Cuisine at Home recipe by gbuwfan (Hi,[br]Thanks for th...)
Hi, Pam -- Looking at the index for recipes with squash or sweet potatoes... or something related.

Butternut Squash Gratin - issue 5:17
Grilled Summer Squash - 52:10
Ratatouille - 50:41
Scalloped 66:11
Yams - 59:43

Do any of these look familiar. I have the magazines, but not the access to the electronic archives.

Hope this helps!
  Re: Re: Old Cuisine at Home recipe by HomeCulinarian (Hi, Pam -- Looking a...)
I can't remember when c@h quit posting recipes in the archives, but looking thru them for sweet potatoes, nothing is similar to what you mentioned. And no better luck looking for squash.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Old Cuisine at Home recipe by cjs (I can't remember whe...)
Was it chunky like a potatoe salad would be? Do you recall if it was served hot or cold?

I found one called Gingered Sweet Potatoes but they are like mashed potato consistency.